Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group Is One of Africa’s Leading Conglomerates Producing Diversified Products. Dangote Cement Zambia, A Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, Is The Leading Producer of Cement in Zambia with A Modern Advanced Integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, On The Copper belt.
- Assist in full accounting of inventories of fixed assets of the Company including compliance to periodic count and reconciliation process and recommendation of adjustments required as per reporting standards adopted by the Company.
- Maintain a very systematic fixed asset records/register and ensuring proper accounting, including identification of each assets.
- Perform cost analysis and assist the Management Accountant in the periodic report.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain fixed asset records in line with approved fixed asset policies –update the fixed asset register with newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), track existing fixed assets, run depreciation, and account for disposed fixed assets.
- Perform tagging of newly delivered assets reference to the fixed asset register coding scheme for easy tracking.
- Track expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorisations.
- Assist in liaising with various departments to collate updates on new fixed asset additions on a periodic basis.
- Manage the fixed assets general ledger and ensure all transactions are processed in line with IFRS and perform periodic ledger reconciliations for Head Office transactions as required.
- Recommend to management any updates to accounting policies related to fixed assets.
- Prepare spares ageing report, list of AUC and depreciation reports.
- Perform closing activities in support to the Management Accountant as well as SAP depreciation run.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Cost and Budget Manager.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Working knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
How to Apply
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The Head HR& Admin, send them to the email below:
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Management Accountant Assistant”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.