Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group Is One of Africa’s Leading Conglomerates Producing Diversified Products. Dangote Cement Zambia, A Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, Is The Leading Producer of Cement in Zambia with A Modern Advanced Integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, On The Copper belt.
Dangote Cement Requires Action Oriented, High Performing and Dedicated Professional in The Following Disciplines:
Manage and maintain DCP’s fixed asset records/ register and ensure proper accounting for fixed assets at the plant, in compliance with DCP’s fixed assets policies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the activities involved in the disposal of fully depreciated, obsolete or damaged assets.
- Prepare the checklist to support the TB and Financial Reports every month.
- Submit an analysis of GL accounts related to movements and break-up of the accounts for a greater understanding and transparency in reporting.
- Support the Financial Accountant in preparation of IFRS accounts and the Management Accountant in the monthly reporting to management.
- Ensure a clean-up of all AP, AR, GRIR, SRIR, Freight Charges and other temporary accounts related to inventories.
- Reconcile inventories SL against GL. Ensure that these two groups tie up every month end.
- Prepare accruals and management settlement of these accruals.
- Coordinate with AP and AR regarding aging schedules and ensure that any anomalies in the balances are settled prior to month end reporting.
- Gather all schedules to support the monthly checklist.
- Maintain a clear reconciliation of all intercompany transactions.
- Assist the Tax Accountant regarding reconciled balance of taxes payables against the returns.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the conduct of audits or examinations.
- Perform other tasks as maybe assigned by the Financial Account or Finance Controller.
Work on extended hours when required.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Its Equivalent in Finance and Accounting.
- Professional Certification from A Recognized Accounting Body (E.G. ZICA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Knowledge of Relevant Accounting Software.
- Minimum of One (1) to three (3) Years Relevant Work Experience.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with Credits or Better in English and Mathematics.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
How to Apply
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The Head HR& Admin, send them to the email below:
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Management Accountant Assistant”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.