Senior Chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group Is One of Africa’s Leading Conglomerates Producing Diversified Products. Dangote Cement Zambia, A Subsidiary of the Dangote Group, Is The Leading Producer of Cement in Zambia with A Modern Advanced Integrated Cement Plant in Ndola, On The Copper belt.
Dangote Cement Requires Action Oriented, High Performing and Dedicated Professional in The Following Disciplines:
Ensure accurate and timely recognition and reporting of all revenue generated by the plant in the course of its business.
Manage customers’ accounts ensuring accuracy and completeness.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of all sales orders issued to customers.
- Confirm customer deposit into DCP’s bank account and post against customer’s account.
- Reconcile customer accounts to the general ledger balances.
- Identify irregularities in the customer account reconciliation and work with the relevant Sales and Marketing staff to resolve these issues.
- Post necessary entries to correct errors/irregularities identified in customer account reconciliation.
- Review the commercial agreement entered in the database for each customer to ensure it complies with the written agreement.
- Reconcile cash sales to sales orders and cash at the bank, on a daily basis.
- Recognise revenue on receipt of proof of delivery (invoice, waybill, haulage invoice, etc.).
- Analyse cash/ credit sales vs. cement dispatch (weighbridge) vs. actual quantity of cement produced on a weekly basis; investigate and resolve all variances identified.
- Generate monthly Sales and Collection Report to aid management decision making.
- Resolve queries on customer account balance and provide account history where required.
- Track customer bank guarantees and liaise with the relevant banks to ensure payment is made on the bank guarantee’s due date(s).
- Generate customer ageing report and follow up with relevant staff in Sales and Marketing on due sales orders to ensure payments are received.
- Proactively and efficiently execute work plans as approved by the Head, Plant Finance.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of Head, Plant Finance and other relevant parties.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Its Equivalent in Finance and Accounting.
- Professional Certification from A Recognized Accounting Body (E.G. ZICA, CIMA, ACCA).
- Knowledge of Relevant Accounting Software.
- Minimum of Three (3) Years Relevant Work Experience.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with Credits or Better in English and Mathematics.
Skills and Competencies
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS and other applicable accounting standards.
- Basic knowledge of accounting packages and systems, including SAP.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Basic proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
How to Apply
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The Head HR& Admin, send them to the email below:
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Management Accountant Assistant”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.