VisionFund Zambia Ltd is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit a qualified candidate who is self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position :
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer
Location: Head Office – Lusaka
Reporting to the Chief Finance officer, the incumbent will be responsible for managing the accounting function to ensure preparation, analysis and maintenance of accurate and reliable financial records necessary for business operations in compliance with international standards and statutory requirements.
- Ensure that financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures ofthe institution;
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts;
- Prepare financial management reports and ensure that all intemal and external reporting deadlines, including audit, tax, and third parties are met;
- Analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources, provide recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems;
- Establish and ensure that appropriate accounting control systems required for the effective operations of the institution are implemented;
Minimum qualification requirements and competencies:
- A minimum of Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with at least three (3) years’ work experience in a similar position in a microfinance or financial institution,
- Full CIMA/ACCA
- Experience in banking and financial service accounting ,
- Experience in Statutory and regulatory reporting,
- Conversant with Bank reconciliations with mobile banking and computerized system operation
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of Microfin Projections.
- Be familiar with or have some experience in the use of accounting/loan software, preferably T 24 and/or Sun system;
- Must be a mature and committed Christian,
- Good communication and report writing skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter accompanied by a CV to the address below clearly indicating the POSITION being applied for to the attention of:
The People & Culture Manager,
11723 Kabelenga Road (Opposite Levy Junction),
PO Box 33911,