Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Logistics Coordinator. This is a fixed short term contract starting on/around August – November 2019.
Daily Rate: On/around ZMW 676.00/Day
Estimated Days: 100 days/contract period
Work Week: Full-Time; 6 days/week
Logistics Coordinator provides logistical and management support to post working closely with the General Services team and Pre-Service Training (PST) team to ensure smooth implementation of PST activities. Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Director of Management and Operations (DDMO) s/he is responsible for logistical coordination and oversight for the PST trainings and logistical management for all bicycle-related operations.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES will include but not limited to the following:
- Work with PST Training Team to plan out and implement the logistical needs of the PST trainings as best as possible.
- Work with the Training Manager and PST Specialist for all PST errands for approval before submitting to the relevant offices for action.
- Assist in the management and monitoring of the PST budget and submit financial requests in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all necessary purchases are made for the successful implementation of PST.
- Make and account for all payments made on behalf of PST.
- Work with the Language and Cross Culture Coordinator in the preparation of arrangements with home stay.
- Write inventories of all PST site materials and those used for Community Based Training (CBT)
- Ensure the maintenance of the PST site, including water and electricity infrastructures; accommodation and bath facilities; kitchen; office; communications; and recreational equipment.
- Coordinate motor pool and transport requirements for PST in close collaboration with the Motor Pool Coordinator.
- Organize, manage and delegate work tasks to the support staff & service contractors; including drivers, cleaners, gardeners, caterers, and security.
- Conduct all logistical preparation of field trips including arrangement for fuel, per diems, beddings, toiletries, and medical kits.
- Organize the logistics of any official ceremonies, including procurement of refreshments, embellishment of the site, and distribution of invitations.
- Submit, and review with the Training Manager, PST Specialist and the Admin Team, a final report on all logistical aspects of training including the expense account and all receipts, evaluations of the support staff and site infrastructure, and recommendations for future PSTs.
- Settle and close-out all Peace Corps accounts and bills at the end of the training.
- Work with the Training Manager, PST Specialist and other PST staff in the closing of the PST site.
- Drive PST vehicles to run all errands related to PST.
Bicycle Logistical Management
- Coordinate bike maintenance trainings for PC staff, Trainees and Volunteers.
- Ensure all bicycles and accessories are assembled, properly maintained and ready for distribution as required.
- Review the bicycle training manual and provide technical input during bicycle procurement activities.
- In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be a Zambian Citizen, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following mandatory requirements including educational certificates, copies of driver’s license, etc.
- Successful completion of secondary school with a diploma in the field of Administration/Logis-tics/ Procurement or related field is required.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in the field of Administration/Logistics/Procurement and related fields is required, three (3) years supervisory experience in the field of Administra-tion/Logistics/Procurement and related fields is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in petty cash management and disbursement of funds.
- Good understanding, and practical experience in procurement processes for goods and services and store-keeping is required.
- Good working knowledge of English (spoken and written)
- Facilitation skills, good understanding, and practical experience in bicycle maintenance is re-quired
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in driving and maintaining manual transmission 4×4 vehicles is required.
- Must have a valid local unrestricted driver’s license of class C level including a clean driving record
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft based applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point (to be tested)
- Able to ride a bike in a rural setting
How to Apply
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted: Emailed submissions are preferred.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist, Peace Corps Zambia,
71A Kabulonga Road.
PO Box 50707,
Email: Clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email (E.g. John Doe, Logistics Coordinator)
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.