Peace Corps/Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the full time position of Driver.
Location: Lusaka-based (inclusive of travel throughout Zambia)
Work Schedule: 44 Hours/week
Starting Salary: Zmw 84,671/Annum
Operates Peace Corps motor vehicles in accordance with instructions to transport Peace Corps or associated agency personnel and official visitors. Maintains vehicle in clean and serviceable condition and performs minor maintenance of a preventative nature.
Major responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure passenger wears a seat belt when operating a Peace Corps vehicle.
- Perform a check of all Peace Corps vehicles before operating them.
- Prepare vehicles for up-country trips.
- Transport Peace Corps staff or Volunteers to and from various locations as needed.
- Ensure that there is a log sheet in each vehicle and that all trips are logged.
- Follow all procedures related to fuel management and reporting.
- Apprise GSO of materials needed for vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Collect items and documents from vendors and complete deliveries as requested.
- Ensure collection/delivery of mail and parcels to the Embassy and Post Office respectively.
- Pick up parcels from the Post Office for PCVs.
- Assist in the upkeep and repair of vehicles.
- Assist in the upkeep and repair of generators.
- Assist in bicycle maintenance and repairs.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Completion of secondary school; Vocational training or apprenticeship recognized as producing journeyman mechanic skills preferred (Written references will be required)
- A minimum of five years professional driving experience for an international agency or a transportation / tour company (operating passenger vehicles, manual transmission, 4×4 vehicle and off-road)
- A minimum of two years basic vehicle maintenance experience in a professional setting is required.
- Good working knowledge of English language is required.
- Knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns including a valid local driver’s license (class C or better) is required.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements, and at least three traceable references must be submitted: Emailed submissions are preferred.
Address applications to:
The Human Resources Specialist, Peace Corps Zambia,
71A Kabulonga Road.
PO Box 50707,
Email: Clearly stating your name and position applied for in the subject line of your email (E.g. John Doe, Logistics Coordinator)
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.