ChildFund Zambia is an International Non-Profit Development Agency established in 1983, and has invested in programs aimed at realizing long-term, sustainable change for children and youth through improvements in health, HIV and AIDS, nutrition, education, micro-enterprise, early childhood development (ECD) and livelihood care and support. ChildFund Zambia supports 620,000 children, youth and caregivers in 32 communities in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Southern and Lusaka Provinces.
ChildFund Zambia wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the position of Business Development Manager.
- To lead and support business development efforts including grants acquisition and management, intelligent research on donor strategies, prospecting potential funders and managing existing relationships.
- S/he shall be responsible for staff capacity building and opportunity tracking.
- The incumbent shall contribute strategically to development and review of a Grant Acquisition/Resource Mobilization strategy, Donor Engagement Plans and capture plans as well as managing opportunity records in Salesforce.
Responsibilities and tasks
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Grants Acquisition: Support Country Office efforts in identifying and analysing donor calls for funding applications, expression of interest and request for proposals from public and private sector; Support Country Office in assessing opportunities as well as the development of cost and technical proposals including concept papers to respond to specific solicited or unsolicited funding opportunities of high value grants; Follow up submissions of proposals with effective liaison with donors, as permitted, and ensure that donor questions and concerns are fully addressed on time.
- Grants Management: Maintain the Grants and Opportunities Tracking Tool (GOTT) up-to-date (Keep track of all grants opportunities and active grants)
- Maintain the Grants Opportunity records in Salesforce; Coordinate identification of staff capacity gaps in regard to grants acquisition and donor requirements
- Coordinate the development & implementation of capacity-building plans; Facilitate capacity building on pre and post and processes including proposal development, donor engagement, branding and monitoring and reporting based on donor requirements.
- Image building: Support the production and circulation of materials aimed at increasing ChildFund Zambia visibility through leaflets, brochures, annual reports, pens, etc.; Work with programs to ensure that ChildFund Zambia attends key government and other major agencies meetings (encouraging thematic attendance).
- Planning and Budgeting: Support the preparation of the Country Office plans and budgets to ensure plans conform to the organisations strategic direction.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or relevant field from a recognized University. Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 7 years’ relevant experience, 5 of which must be in grant acquisition and donor engagement.
- Significant experience in project management and grant compliance procedures.
- Demonstrated strong grant writing; ability to develop quality concept notes, proposals, logical frameworks and reports under tight deadlines.
- Ability to motivate multi-stakeholder teams and inspire teamwork and to manage donor expectations.
- Experience in engaging with bilateral, multi-lateral donors and private donors.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are advised to email their CVs and application letters clearly stating the position being applied for as the subject to the following address:
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ChildFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.