Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is regional African – led non- governmental organization that supports livelihood – challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well – being and standard of living. With Country Programs in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia, Somalia and Kenya, AAH-I has over 20 years ‘experience working with communities in conflict and post –conflict situation
Action Africa Help International Zambia (AAHZ) is partnering with the Catholic Relief Service (CRS) to improve the nutritional situation of people living in food insecure households in Kawambwa and Mansa districts, especially women of reproductive age and children under 2 years. AAHZ will support in the implementation of the Care Group intervention of the Food and Nutrition Security for Enhanced Resilience (FANSER) Luapula project in Kawambwa district. AAHZ will work with CRS to reach the target of 9,000 women of reproductive age who receive an integrated package of nutrition services. The project covers twenty eight (28) months, starting from September 2019.
In order to achieve that, AAH-I is seeking to recruit well qualified, experienced and innovative individuals to fill the following positions:
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Programme Manager
To ensure programme quality, effectiveness and learning in the delivery of the programme. The job provides technical support to the project team on M&E related issues of development of the M&E approach and systems which include; monitoring tools, reporting and capacity building of staff in M&E.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the implementation of the Nutrition Project
- Leading project team in the development and implementation of an M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities
- Ensuring production of timely and high quality program monitoring and evaluation reports for evidence based accountability
- Providing support to performance evaluation process in collaboration with Donors and the independent evaluation team
- Facilitating development of participatory monitoring and evaluation systems
- Responsible for data review, analysis and reporting
- Collecting data from Project field officers to measure achievements against the performance indicators from all projects
- Developing the overall framework for Projects Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems
- Providing leadership and support to staff working at community level
- Spearheading the development of participatory monitoring and evaluation systems including for enhanced accountability in the programme
- Lead project team in the development and implementation of an M&E system and oversee routine program monitoring activities. Ensure the quality and relevance of the project’s monitoring and evaluation design.
- Assisting with the preparation of regular reports as per donor requirement.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Project Monitoring and Evaluation, or in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or any other related field
- At least 3 years practical work experience in Monitoring, Evaluation & Research, preferably in Savings Groups
- Experience in participatory methodologies is an added advantage
Skills and attributes needed:
- Strong analytical and logical ability Monitor the implementation of all programme activities
- Provide leadership and support to staff working at community level
- Design and management skills
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good computer application skills.
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and minimum of three (3) referees must be sent via email: