First Quantum Minerals Ltd. has grown from a small mineral operation in Zambia into a multinational mining business in less than two decades, with a global portfolio of copper and nickel assets in Europe, Africa, Australia and South America. This phenomenal growth is down to FQM people who have strived to be Bolder, Smarter and Driven in everything they do.
In March 2013, First Quantum Minerals acquired Inmet Mining Corporation, a Canadian-based mining company primarily producing copper and zinc from mines in Finland, Spain and Turkey, with also a major copper deposit under development in Panama, known as Cobre Panama. The combination of the First Quantum and Inmet assets has created one of the world’s leading copper producers with a geographically diversified portfolio of high-quality operations and development projects in eight countries across five continents.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all plant maintenance tasks in a safe, timely and to a high quality and preventing any rework
- Be a self-starter and able to work with both autonomously and as part of a team
- Demonstrate a commitment to work place safety and the safety of your co-workers
- Must be able to weld using SMAW (MMA) & GMAW (MIG MAG)
- How to work safely and maintain good housekeeping
- Able to read fabrication drawings and their weld symbols
- How to develop out components & pipework from fabrication drawings
- Able to use Oxygen & Acetylene cutting, Plasma cutting and air arc gouging.
- Have good knowledge of material handling.
- Fabrication of structural steel work and pipe work.
- Weld using multiple processes to a high standard.
- Be able to take actuate measurements and fabricate from them.
- Operate Fabrication equipment – Break Press – Guillotine – Sheet metal rollers – profile cutters.
- Ensure good housekeeping practices are maintained by cleaning up before, during and after every task
- Be able to work overtime if need arises
- Be able adhere to safety requirements of the task.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- A minimum of a Craft certificate in Metal Fabrication. Higher qualifications will be an added advantage
- Must be a member of EIZ.
- 3 years’ experience in the mining industry in a similar role
- Have a min of one weld coding in either SMAW (MMA) or GMAW in the 5G position in accordance with AWS D1.1, AWS D14.3 or AS/NZS 1554
- Detail Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Team player
- Effective communication skills
- Self-motivated and
- Conscientious attitude
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: