Reports to Project Head. The Community Coordinator will work closely with the KP Consortium, KP Civil Society, KP networks and communities, and MOH and PEPFAR implementing partner providers to harmonize KPIF project activities, support community mobilization, promote excellent communication, and facilitate peer navigation and other community-based activities to improve awareness and uptake of HIV prevention, treatment, and care. The Community Coordinator, alongside the Nursing Outreach Lead, will also supervise the Social Network Strategy recruiters, Outreach Workers, Peer Navigators, and other peer cadres. He/she will be responsible for managing, monitoring, maintaining, gathering information and providing regular feedback on prevention and treatment activities at the community level.
- Provide support and oversight to field staff to ensure potential clients are counselled, tested, indexed, and linked to appropriate services.
- With the KPIF Head, works to arrange meetings with the KP Consortium and attend planning meetings with the Consortium Steering Committee as necessary.
- Supports KP Consortium community events, as necessary, including ensuring CIDRZ presence for provision of outreach health services
- Directly supervises/ manages KPIF Peer Navigators, Peer SNS recruiters, Outreach Workers, and other KP peer cadres to ensure deliverables are met
- Provides supportive supervision, as necessary, to Peer Navigators, Outreach Workers, and other KP peer cadres managed directly by KPIF sub-awardee organizations
- Assists with venue-based HIV counselling and testing and other prevention services
- Updates KPIF Head and Clinical Lead on the progress of community-based activities and any issues with peers or the KP Consortium
- Supports the development and implementation of community sensitization and mobilization plans that include activities such as community stakeholder meetings, drama performances, etc. to promote HIV prevention and treatment activities
- Ensures appropriate training and certification of project field personnel and peer cadres
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Advanced Diploma Social Sciences or Project Management
- At least 3 years relevant experience working in the community required
- At least 3 years relevant experience working with KP in Zambia
- Proficient in MS word and MS Excel and PowerPoint required
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision
- Must be a team player
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please send application letter quoting Reference Number above, relevant academic and professional certificates, and detailed CV with day-time telephone number(s) to:
CIDRZ Human Resources Director,
PO Box 34681,
Lusaka or email: