The Zambian Youth Platform (ZYP) is a network that unifies the voices of adolescents and young people committed to achieving the emancipation of all young people in Zambia. Since 2015, ZYP has created a diverse cadre of young dynamic and coordinated leaders who strive to achieve national peace and stability through young adults’ engagement in social and economic development. ZYP now seeks to hire the following:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programmes, the Project Officer will lead the project team of volunteers to deliver the expected outcomes of the AYA SRHR Service Access Project (ASSAP). This include and not limited to management of the teams, volunteers and human and other resources necessary to the project.
To direct implementation of the AYA SRHR Service Access Project (ASSAP) in-line with the proposal, oversee the work of the project team, design and execute appropriate strategies including formulation of task teams to ensure delivery of the project expected outcomes.
Ensure the project deliverables contribute to the overall mission and vision of the organisation. Ensure answerability to the project expectations and act as a link between the project and the community within which the project is domiciled.
- Report to the overall organisation head of programmes on timelines prescribed by the project and as directed by management
- Contribute to formulation of ZYP overall national programme policies in line with both organizational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field; or translate project deliverables into national level practices.
- Developing programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations, to ensure a clear and strong connection between HQ and field operations.
- Provide advice and support to volunteers on project specific issues to clarify ambiguities and ensure that overall organisation programme operations are consistent with ZYP policies, Board decisions, and other relevant guidance.
- Provide technical advice or mobilise necessary project expertise including assessment and analysis of the project activities, objectives or outcomes.
- Provide technical support to project teams and all the players on the project for the purpose of ensuring that the project is in sink with desired chances in the community.
- Ensure engagement of stakeholders at district and community on the project
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance to project outcomes
- Manage operational research and evidence building on health issues relevant to adolescent and young people
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information or proposals for internal or external use.
- Contribute to resources mobilizations efforts for ZYP projects, including clearly articulating the need for improvements related to the project and programme opportunities
- Advise and support the development of functional training in areas needing skills to project teams and volunteers to enhance the capacity to deliver the desire project results.
- Lead, motivate and develop a team of volunteers to enable high performance.
- Ensure the best use of assigned financial resources for achievement of set objectives within the scope of approved budget
- Perform other adhoc based task as maybe required
- Diploma in project management, Social Sciences or other field relevant to social development, a University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses would be added advantage.
- National Professional: Fluency in British English language and the duty station’s local language, if different.
- Desired Experiences for entry into the Role:
- One year experience in managing community based programmes or other relevant development area
- One year experience in a project management, with proven results in achieving programme milestone
Talented Women are highly encouraged to apply:
We look for applicants with the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values in terms of service to adolescents and young people. We commit to promote diversity, gender parity and equality between men and women.
ZYP strives to build a work environment that is safe and respectful, and free of sexual harassment and abuse of authority. We believe in open communication, and every individual at ZYP is treated with respect regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, religious and political beliefs, etc.
In this pursuit, ZYP assists women to balance work exigencies with personal and family responsibilities by providing an attractive compensation package, including fully paid maternity leave for 16 weeks, breastfeeding time off, and the possibility to avail of flexible working arrangements. Also, we endeavour to provide our staff, women, and men, with training and professional career development
Terms and Conditions
The applicant should be a Zambia national
Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
How to Apply
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: