The National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA) is a body corporate established under the National Health Insurance Act No 2 of 2018. The Act’s primary mandate is to provide for sound financing for the national health system in order to provide universal access to quality insured health services to all Zambians.
In fulfilling this mandate, the Authority now requires the services of:
- The role will assist the Authority identify investment opportunities and secure investments that promote the financial interests of the Authority. It shall also be responsible for ensuring that all funds not immediately needed for operations are invested in high yielding portfolios for the benefit of the Authority.
- To formulate policies, procedures and guidelines for the management of funds in order to ensure sustainability of the Scheme
- To conduct review of Financial Statements and Reports of the Fund in order to ensure performance and facilitate accountability
- To coordinate all activities related to periodical and on-going operational research and actuarial valuations in order to inform decision making
- To proactively identify risks, devise and propose mitigation measures that are in line with the Authority’s policies and procedures
- To monitor and report on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly bases the positions of the Assets under Management
- To immediately escalate any investment related matters that threaten the interest of the Authority
- To develop and maintain a good working relationship with Banks and Investment Houses for purposes of custody and placement of excess funds; and
- To perform any other related task as may be delegated from time to time.
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including Mathematics and English Language
- Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy, Finance or any related Investment degree; and
- Professional qualification in ACCA, CIMA or ACl.
- Relevant Experience and other Attributes
- Must have 5-8- years in a similar role
- Must have Investment risk/ Return appraisal skills
- Must have strong negotiation skills
- Must have strong Financial Analysis/ Interpretation capabilities
- Must have knowledge & understanding of money and financial markets
- Must have strong financial management skills
- Must have portfolio management capabilities
- Must have good interpersonal skills; and
- Must be proficient in office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other relevant applications
Suitable candidates should apply enclosing the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with 3 traceable referees
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications and National Registration Card.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director General, National Health Insurance Management Authority,
PO Box 31772,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clearly write the position you are applying for on the envelope.
NHIMA is an equal opportunity employer