The National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA) is a body corporate established under the National Health Insurance Act No 2 of 2018. The Act’s primary mandate is to provide for sound financing for the national health system in order to provide universal access to quality insured health services to all Zambians.
In fulfilling this mandate, the Authority now requires the services of:
- This is an executive role that will provide strategic and operational guidance in the accreditation of Health Care Providers in order to ensure members have access to quality insured health care. It will also supervise a team of staff who will be responsible for quality assurance to ensure all services are administered in line with the set Scheme standards.
- The role involves extensive travel within and outside Zambia.
- To periodically undertake the development and implementation of policies and programmes in order to provide guidance to the Authority in the accreditation of Health Care Providers;
- To facilitate for periodical monitoring and evaluation of the accredited health care providers so that service delivery conforms to setAuthority standards
- To prepare periodical and ad-hoc reports on accreditation status, list of accredited health care providers and other reports to facilitate decision making and inform the public;
- To timeously process all accreditation applications against the set criteria in order to facilitate the accreditation of eligible health care providers
- To conduct research on accreditation and quality assurance in order to continuously improve of the Authority service delivery aspirations
- To lead and supervise a team of staff in the Directorate and ensure all resources are available for the day to day operations of the Directorate; and
- To perform any other delegated tasks within the ambit of the role.
- Must have Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including Mathematics and English Language; and
- Must be a registered Medical Doctor with a practising certificate from the Health Professions Council of Zambia.
Relevant Experience and other Attributes
- Must have 6-9- years in a similar role
- Must have a valid class ‘C’ driving licence
- Must be familiar with accepted general health and medical standards in Zambia and Worldwide
- Must be familiar with the tools of monitoring and evaluation as part of the accreditation processes
- Must be proficient office applications such as Word, PowerPoint and many other relevant applications
- Must be assertive and decisive
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have strong leadership skills and able to lead teams effectively
- Suitable candidates should apply enclosing the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with 3 traceable referees
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications and National Registration Card
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director General, National Health Insurance Management Authority,
PO Box 31772,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clearly write the position you are applying for on the envelope.
NHIMA is an equal opportunity employer