The National Health Insurance Management Authority (NHIMA) is a body corporate established under the National Health Insurance Act No 2 of 2018. The Act’s primary mandate is to provide for sound financing for the national health system in order to provide universal access to quality insured health services to all Zambians.
In fulfilling this mandate, the Authority now requires the services of;
This is an executive role responsible for managing financial resources and oversight to the Fund in order to ensure prudent utilisation of financial resources. The role will combine strategic and operational oversight, managing accounting, financial control and investment functions to ensure all resources are properly accounted for. It will also be responsible for providing leadership in the Finance Directorate.
- To prepare and present for the approval of the Authority annual budgets, forecasts, financial plans, investment plans and all other financial and business documents as may be required from time to time by the Authority
- To facilitate and implement continuous financial audit, financial analysis and financial control systems that will monitor the internal operating environment, flow of funds, the adherence to the budget, the expenditures and other budgetary items
- To develop investment guidelines and to seek the requisite approvals
- To Invest all monies for the Fund in line with the Investment Policies and Guidelines
- To develop and maintain relationships with banks, financial institutions and capital markets for purposes of custody and investments of the Authority Funds
- To coordinate and ensure compliance with all reporting, accounting and aud it requirements
- To manage all risks associated with investments of Authority Funds;
- To coordinate internal and external audits ofthe Authority;
- To establish internal controls in order to enhance accountability in the utilization of resource
- To lead and supervise a team of staff in the Directorate; and
- To perform any other task as may be delegated from time to time.
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with creditor better including Mathematics and English Language
- Bachelor’s degree inAccountancy, Finance; and
- Professional qualification in ACCA, CIMA
Relevant Experience and other Attributes:
- At least nine (10) years relevant work experience, of which four (4) should be at senior management level
- Must be a member of ZICA
- Must be an effective communicator
- Must be computer literate with MS Office applications
- Must have good leadership skills
- Must have attention to detail; and
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Suitable candidates should apply enclosing the following:
- Detailed curriculum vitae with 3 traceable referees
- Copies of academic and professional qualifications and National Registration Card.
How to Apply
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director General, National Health Insurance Management Authority,
PO Box 31772,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Clearly write the position you are applying for on the envelope.
NHIMA is an equal opportunity employer