Zanaco Bank Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Risk & Compliance Divisionunder the Compliance Department at Head Office: –
Financial Crime Specialist (X1)
The role holder will assist the Financial Crime Compliance Head and Financial Crime Compliance Team in managing the Financial Crime Compliance Risk of the Bank.
Under the supervision of the Financial Crime Compliance Head, the following are among the Job’s Key Responsibilities: –
- Review and check payments for names on the global sanctions lists to ensure that no transactions are being processed with the subjects named on the lists.
- Review real-time payment hits, assess alerts and make appropriate decisions.
- Perform searches of names on the global sanctions lists and ensure there are no accounts/clients for the subjects named on the lists.
- Escalate unusual or suspicious activities.
- Consolidate and report on currency transaction reports to the Financial Intelligence Centre.
- Conduct sanctions screening and special due diligence reviews and relevant negative news items.
- Conduct reviews and ad-hoc screening on new and existing customers as appropriate.
- Escalate potential sanctions, violations and/or reputational/financial risks accordingly and document resolutions.
- Perform analysis and develop deeper understanding of AML/FATF requirements and implications.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- External: BOZ, Financial Intelligence Centre, External Regulators, correspondent banks
- Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications And Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with Credit or above, mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in a relevant field or professional qualification from a recognized university.
- At least four (4) years’ experience in banking.
- Extensive working knowledge of applicable money laundering and terrorist financing legislation and controls in the Zambian environment.
- Certifications in Anti-Money Laundering and Compliance will be an added advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of AML, Payments and KYC rules and regulations with exposure to SARs documentation and filing.
Job Core Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Fraud reporting
- Ability to train people
- Team player
- Ability to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments will not be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco Bank Plc provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).