Zanaco Bank Plcis inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Retail Banking Department to be based in Kitwe: –
This position ensures the establishment of a relationship managed association between the bank and the Private banking client through a dedicated Private banker that acts as the first point of contact, assesses and recommends appropriate products and service offering to the client whilst ensuring profitability of the entire customer value proposition. The primary focus is on sales acquisition.
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:-
- 100% responsibility for assigned Private banking portfolio balance sheet & profitability.
- 100% responsibility for revenue generation for assigned Private banking portfolio.
- Responsible for managing Private banking client’s financial circumstances with a focus on maintaining strong relationships between the Bank and the client, and provide doorstep banking solutions in addressing their needs.
- Responsible for conducting in-depth analysis of client’s present financial position in order to recommend appropriate products and services to the client.
- Responsible for profiling potential clients in order to bring new relationships on board.
- Act as first point of contact for all their requirements in order to offer a personalised and differentiated service offering.
- Responsible for the execution of the Private Banking CVP and educating Private Banking customers on the Bank’s product offering and service channels and recommending any changes to ensure the CVP remains relevant to customers.
- Ensure growth of number of clients on the portfolio and accountable for all financial KPIs
- Responsible for implementing client appreciation of events to ensure a high level of retention for the Bank.
- Responsible for scanning the market and research on good opportunities to meet Private banking client’s revenue goals and provide clients with market updates and financial news.
- Sets referral, new business and cross-selling goals and monitors achievement of these goals in order to meet the bank’s financial aspirations.
- Ensure that the full value chain of the segment proposition is realized for the Bank by cross selling, deep selling and upselling the banks products and educating clients on the use of various channels for transactions.
- Build and execute alliance relationships to enhance client’s customer value proposition offering.
- Monitor client’s changing requirements and recommend strategies to ensure that the organization’s products and services are fully utilised.
- Responsible for monthly assessment of segment thresholds and proactively engage clients to execute upgrades or downgrades so that the CVP is aligned to customer’s needs and that they derive full value from the proposition.
- Keep up-to-date with in-country market and global trends in order to recommend and link clients to appropriate events.
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate legislation and regulation affecting banking and customer interaction to ensure all transactions are legal.
- Ensure that the customer experience is positive throughout the client’s journey at all touch points to increase customer retention.
- Execute life cycle programs in order to provide a full customer service proposition that deepen client relationships
- Execute all client’s requests within SLAs and provides feedback in order to ensure clients are fully satisfied with the service/resolution.
- Ensure that accounts opened are 100% KYC compliant and funded.
- Proactive client engagement on a regular basis in order to advise clients and provide timely and personalized banking services.
- Execute effective customer contact plan for customers to ensure that their needs are met and the relationship is maintained.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by management.
- External: Local Regulators, Stock Market, Professional Bodies, Events Managers
- Internal: All Divisions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- Degree in Business or relevant field
- At least five (5) years’ work experience in banking/investment management. Experience in a similar field/market will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of taxation laws and practical experience in application.
- Appreciation of securitization and investment options.
- Ability to profile customers and assess the needs of Private Banking clients.
- Understanding of Retail products and account opening, KYC Requirements.
- Understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti – Money laundering, Banking code.
- Ability to read market trends and inform the decision making process.
- Demonstrated complaint handling and skills certifications
Job Core Competencies
- Communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Verbal and written communication
- Delighting customers
- Persuading and selling
- Drive for results
- Analytical thinking
- Team work
- Customer service orientation
- Problem solving
- Conceptual thinking
- Strategic leadership
- Presentation and facilitation
How to apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments will not be considered.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO.
Zanaco Bank Plc provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).