This is a unique opportunity to work with an innovative and ambitious organization that sells solar lights at scale across Zambia, bringing electricity through solar to rural households and reducing reliance on candles and fuels such as kerosene.
SunnyMoney is a social enterprise, wholly owned by SolarAid, an innovative, fast-growing organization working in Malawi and Zambia which focuses on business based solutions to poverty. Our goal is to eradicate the kerosene lamp in Africa by the end of the decade. For all countries this means a substantial scaling up of operations. We believe our goal is achievable by creating a genuine solar lighting market by ensuring anyone can gain access to clean, safe reliable and affordable energy. We have begun to reach this goal by selling over 2 million lights across Africa and over 250,000 in Zambia.
We are looking for an energetic, quick thinking and enthusiastic Program Coordinator with the ability to assist the Project Manager on our Recycling Grant project. This would include development of new project strategies, risk assessment, monitor and evaluation of the project and more technical aspect of ensuring our project remains on schedule. The successful candidate will be creative, adaptive and able to work independently as well as manage staff.
Skills and Qualifications – Mandatory!
- University degree in business, engineering or other related field
- Must hold an EIZ license
- History working with renewable energy and PicoSolar
- Able to handle long periods travelling within Zambia, specifically Southern Province
- Well organized and detail oriented
- Able to adapt to new surroundings with ease
- Able to work well under pressure and multitask
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Able to manage flow of information and communicate with a diverse array of people
- Experience in report writing, presentation, managing communications with people from different education, economic and cultural backgrounds
- Technical report writing skills
- Effective time management and planning
- Good IT skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Passion and enthusiasm for SunnyMoney’s social goal and the work it does.
- Local Languages- Tonga is mandatory
- Support Project Manager on managing and overseeing the Recycling Grant under SunnyMoney Zambia
- In depth understanding of recycling project, and solar lights
- Carry all necessary activities according to project timeline and milestones (Take, Repair, Refurbish and Recycle)
- Support with writing grant reports at milestones and end of projects
- Be able to thoroughly assess risks and put in place contingencies
- Preparing project presentation to update senior management on project progress
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Assist and carry out M&E as required
- Assist in ensuring there is an appropriate M&E system in place for project
- Provide guidance to staff to ensure smooth project management
- Assist in development of project work plan and keep it updated according to the project activities and time frames.
- Assist in adequate resources are allocated in the project budget to cover M&E related tasks, including monitoring reviews, external evaluation and AARs
- Develop training manual for repair centre
- Facilitate training and train potential repair shop staff
- Work with recycle bot to ensure that the app is in working progress
- Meet with organisations that deal in recycling to ensure that we are working with the best organisations to meet our goals
- Fixing of broken solar lights and ensuring that fixed lights are in working order
- Look for ways to increase project profitability and manage expenses
- Design and control project schedule and timeline
- Handle financial queries
- Data input
- Document project phases and milestones reached and delayed
- Assign tasks and monitor the schedule to ensure you are on track
- Delivery of scheduled reports to necessary parties
- Document costs of activities and stick to the budget
- Perform any other duty as required
- Working hours from 0800 – 1700 Monday through Friday, weekends as needed.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please verify that you have all of the qualifications and skills before sending in your CV. Please highlight your previous experience working as a driver and any other duties performed. Please ensure that you cover letter is no more than 1 page and your CV is no more than 2 pages in length and that you only send it through one time to the email below:
Only short-listed people will be contacted