The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a Government Agency established to discharge functions connected with or incidental to eight statutes namely: The Companies Act – CAP 388; The Registration of Business Names Act CAP 389; The Patents Act – CAP 400; The Trade Marks Act – CAP 401; and The Registered Designs Act – CAP 402, The Layout-designs of Integrated Circuits Act number 6 of 2006, The Protection of Traditional Knowledge, Genetic Resources and Expressions of Folklore Act Number 16 of 2016 and The Movable Property (Security Interest) Act No. 3 of 2016 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Institution is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position mentioned below.
Salary Scale: P2
- To manage the financial affairs of the organisation, prepare financial reports and disburse funds in order to facilitate efficient operations and accountability for funds.
- The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- ACCA/CIMA, Bachelor of Accountancy or its equivalent
- A member of ZICA
- Aged between 35 and 45 years old
- 5 years relevant experience at senior level.
- Ensures the timely preparation, submission and effective implementation of the budget in compliance with the budget provisions
- Develops, implements and maintains effective financial systems in order to ensure proper financial management
- Manages effectively all cash transactions of the organisation, as well as utilisation of funds in order to ensure accountability
- Ensures timely preparation and submission of financial reports and statements in accordance with General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in order to facilitate informed decision making
- Ensures timely processing of payroll in order to facilitate payment of salaries for the organisation employees
- Manages effectively staff and resources in order to attain the target of the Unit;
- Coordinates effectively all external audit operations in order to enhance accountability;
- Ensures that all assets are properly managed.
- Undertakes any other duties assigned by the Superior
- Terms and conditions of service
- Attractive terms and conditions of service of the Patents and Companies Registration Agency shall apply for both positions.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified interested persons should send their application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications in a sealed envelope, clearly stating the position being applied for, to the email below:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Patents and Companies Registration Agency,
Po Box 32020,
TEL: +260 211255151/255127.
Please note that no faxed or electronic applications will be accepted.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.