The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a Government Agency established to discharge functions connected with or incidental to eight statutes namely: The Companies Act – CAP 388; The Registration of Business Names Act CAP 389; The Patents Act – CAP 400; The Trade Marks Act – CAP 401; and The Registered Designs Act – CAP 402, The Layout-designs of Integrated Circuits Act number 6 of 2006, The Protection of Traditional Knowledge, Genetic Resources and Expressions of Folklore Act Number 16 of 2016 and The Movable Property (Security Interest) Act No. 3 of 2016 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Institution is looking for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position mentioned below.
To effectively manage and control the incorporation of Companies and the registration of Business Names and other related matters in order to stimulate orderly trade. The job holder is also responsible for the formation of policy guidelines relating to the administration of the Companies Act and The Registration of Business Names Act.
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Law with a bias in Company and Commercial Law
- 5 years relevant experience at senior level
- Aged between 35 and 45 years old
- Advocate of the High Court with a valid practising licence
- A Post Graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
- Monitors and supervises effectively the registration of Companies and Business Names and other attendant matters in order to enhance orderly trade
- Undertakes timely signing of all the certificates under the Companies and the registration of Business Names Acts in order to facilitate the issuance of certificates
- Provides timely quality advice to clients in order to enhance lawful and orderly business operations
- Ensures effectively physical inspections on registered Companies and Business Names in order to ensure compliance with statutory provisions
- Ensures effectively the dissemination of information in order to educate the public on the operations of the department
- Coordinates periodically the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the programs in order to facilitate appropriate intervention measures
- Coordinates effectively the preparation of briefs on appeals and contentious issues concerning commercial property applications in order to facilitate the process of adjudication
- Initiates timely the formulation and review of policies in order to provide guidelines on commercial property
- Attends timely to all correspondence on matters relating to the registration and Regional Offices in order to contribute to the overall objectives of the Agency
- Coordinates accurately gazette notices on matters relating to liquidations, receiverships and struck-offs in order to comply with the provisions of the law;
- Manages effectively human, financial and other resources in order to ensure the attainment of the department’s objectives
- Undertakes any other duties assigned by the Superior
- Terms and conditions of service
- Attractive terms and conditions of service of the Patents and Companies Registration Agency shall apply for both positions.
How to Apply
Suitably qualified interested persons should send their application letters together with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable references and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications in a sealed envelope, clearly stating the position being applied for, to the email below:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Patents and Companies Registration Agency,
Po Box 32020,
TEL: +260 211255151/255127.
Please note that no faxed or electronic applications will be accepted.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.