Reporting to: Resource Acquisition Director
Location: National Office, Lusaka
Purpose of Position
The Marketing and Communications Specialist will support the Resource Acquisition department by leading the development, formatting, and editing of marketing and communication products and materials. The comprehensive but targeted products and materials are expected to lead to more informed potential and current donors and partners for both local fundraising and international grants, in addition to better communication of results and impact with donors and stakeholders. The specialist will lead development of new products and platforms for local fundraising, including web based options.
Marketing and Branding:
- Development of marketing products and communication materials for local fundraising, with a goal to increase local income for WV programs.
- Development of a web based fundraising platform.
- Supporting local fundraising events, and building/maintaining strong donor/client relationships.
- Develop creative and effective print and electronic marketing /public awareness materials that utilize best stories/ testimonials, program outcomes and engaging images.
- Participate in proposal development, edit, review and format grant proposals being designed and written before submission for correctness.
- Develop grant acquisition communication materials focused on donor interest, including capacity statements of technical programs and models, evidence based lessons learned and good practices from projects, WVZ strategy/plans, and relevant WVI partnership experience in grants.
- Support development of local fundraising strategy and grant business development plan
Reporting and Compliance:
- Tracking and analyzing the performance of products ensuring that all marketing material is in line with WV brand identity.
- Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, products/materials, gain insight and assess against set goals within the team.
- Support the writing of programmatic reports and technical documents which will feed into marketing pre-positioning for funding.
Collaboration and Partnerships:
- Stay connected with WV Partnership initiatives and external stakeholders (especially for donors and local fundraising) on branding requirements, marketing initiatives, and communication support, in addition to being aware of current good practices.
- Build strategic relationships and partner with key private and public agencies to nurture local fundraising space.
- Coordinate opportunities for RA Director to meet with donors
- Ensure creative integration of programmes/projects by mapping out potential effective communication strategies for fundraising.
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personal sense calling, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Professional Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Mass Communication, or other related discipline. Masters preferred.
- At least 5 years of experience working in a communications or marketing role for an NGO or in private sector.
- Advanced level of computer proficiency including editing skills across Microsoft and Adobe software for video, photo, media, design
- Strong experience and knowledge in English copy editing and writing skills.
- Traceable experience in proposal development and design
- Strong understanding of USAID, EU, DFID and other donor communication and branding requirements
- Ability to translate complex technical programs into concise marketing materials and products
- Understanding of online marketing and fundraising platforms preferred
- Ability to maintain constructive work relationships with staff of other departments in the organization, vertically, diagonally and horizontally
- Display ability to promote the value of learning to the organization
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent with networking and inter-personal skills.
- Basic understanding of humanitarian principles and frameworks
- Self-leadership quality and in some instances, ability to supervise other staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain information integrity and security.
- Must be innovative and creative
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Must be compassionate, passionate and committed to working with children and adult beneficiaries passion
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with 20% time travel to the field
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: