Reporting to: Associate Director – Grants Acquisition
Location: National Office, Lusaka
Purpose of Position
The Data Management and Logic Specialist will support resource acquisition design by providing technical support for design, monitoring and evaluation (DME) systems for proposals/projects and operationalize a grant knowledge management system. The analysis, consolidation, and communication of projects knowledge is expected to lead to more informed and effective designs of proposals, in addition to better communication of results and impact with donors and stakeholders.
- Data and Logic Management
- Lead the process to collect, analyze, consolidate, and communicate data and knowledge from WVZ grants and projects, with a goal to improve acquisition and external communication.
- Support and align data delivery, use data governance to determine communication of impact.
- Act as the interface between Project Managers and other business clients to create operational efficiencies and process specifications to track results and impact of grants for new funding opportunities.
Technical Support and Compliance:
- Technical lead for resource acquisition proposal development across multiple donors on DME process and frameworks.
- Provide critical support to the acquisition team to ensure effective M&E standards in compliance with WV and donor requirements.
- Work with management to identify opportunities to improve operational business processes, reduce costs, mitigate risk, and improve data quality.
- Review, monitor, assess current operational data needs, and seek opportunities to expand the use of the data platform to WV’s businesses.
- Develop reports on grants acquired in liaison with RAD to access department’s performance.
- Support collection of good practices and lessons learned across WVZ projects for reference, use and documentation.
- Participate in packaging of the good practices and lessons for marketing of WV products
- Communication and Partnerships:
- Stay connected with WV Partnership initiatives and external stakeholders on knowledge management systems, key donor DME systems and requirements, and good practices
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personal sense calling, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
- Perform any other duties as assigned
- Professional Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Social Science, Project Management or other related discipline. Masters preferred
- At least 5 years of experience developing DME systems for bilateral or multilateral funding
- Strong understanding of USAID, EU, DFID and other donor DME requirements
- Strong ICT skills around data management and relevant research experience of at least three years
- Possess in-depth information of the database software and maintenance
- Understanding of WVZ DME systems a plus and proven experience in data management as well as documentation.
- Ability to maintain constructive work relationships with staff of other departments in the organization, vertically, diagonally and horizontally
- Display ability to promote the value of learning to the organization
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills and detail orientation.
- Excellent with networking and inter-personal skills.
- Basic understanding of humanitarian principles and frameworks
- Self-leadership quality and in some instances, ability to supervise other staff
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
- Ability to maintain information integrity and security.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Must be compassionate, passionate and committed to working with children and adult beneficiaries passion
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with 30% time travel to the field
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: