CARE International in Zambia, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organisation with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancy available under the Emergency Response Program in Nchelenge and Lusaka Districts of Zambia:
Contract Duration: Four (4) months
The Development Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation will be responsible for successfully delivering all aspects of assigned CARE Zambia humanitarian aid and development project(s) in relation to consolidation of learning and accountability. As a member of the Knowledge Management Learning and Innovation Team, He/she will implement assigned project(s) or activities in accordance with CARE Zambia’s strategic and operational plans, as well as professional project methods and standards. The Development Officer will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation and reporting in terms of data collection, storage, analysis, interpretation and reporting, including provision of support to project surveys. He/she will coordinate the implementation of M&E plans and manage the project(s) database/project information systems.
Specific Deliverables, Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Support the development and implementation of M&E plan/system and management of the projects’ database/project information systems.
- Support the planning, monitoring and evaluation of projects’ activities including reporting in terms of data collection, storage, analysis, interpretation and preparation of progress reports.
- Support the training of project staff and partners in relation to the application of monitoring and evaluation approaches, mechanisms and tools developed.
- Support the implementation of all project evaluations and surveys.
- Responsible for analysing data from project surveys and evaluation for future programming, documentation and publication purpose.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of mechanisms for capturing, analysing, reporting, sharing and applying M&E findings, information, lessons learned, best practices and human impact stories among CARE and partner staff.
- Participate in meetings of reflections, design and planning impact measures of the program at national, provincial, and district levels.
- Coordinate with other project staff and partners to ensure documentation and collection of all project data from the field.
- Ensure all project data from a variety of sources is entered systematically, timely and accurately into appropriate fields, records, files and the project database
- Work with the M&E Officers in the respective projects to organize and validate all project data, conduct data analysis and produce project reports
- Comply with security backups and regular checks to ensure data is saved and stored properly ensuring that project information and identities of project beneficiaries are well protected.
- Perform any other duties which are consistent with the nature of the job and its responsibilities as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience-:
- Degree/Diploma in Statistics, Demography, Development Studies, Sociology, Public Health/Nutrition or any other equivalent qualification from a recognised university or college
- At least 3 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of NGO or Government project/programmes
- Excellent skills in methodologies for collecting, processing and analysing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent skills in qualitative and quantitative research, monitoring and evaluation methods including survey design and report writing.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis tools (SPSS or other equivalent software) and management systems databases(Excel, Access or other equivalent software).
- Strong analytical, coordination, facilitation, negotiation, interpersonal, documentation, report writing and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and coordinate with a variety of partners and stakeholders, maintaining harmonious and productive working relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and day time contact numbers should be sent to:
CARE International in Zambia is committed to employment equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified applicants.