Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, highly motivated and reliable individuals to join our significantly growing team of professionals for the position of Loan Officer at Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Limited herein referred to as “CareCoop”.
CareCoop is a member driven Savings and Credit Society Organisation (SACCO) registered under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The company has experienced phenomenal growth in the last few years and now seeks to fill the following position
Overall Purpose of the Job
- The Loan Officer is responsible for lending activities within the CareCoop. This responsibility includes achieving all member, portfolio and arrears (P.A.R.) targets, working directly with the Business Development Manager (BDM) to provide support for all marketing, compliance and credit product management activities.
- Main duties include; but are not limited to the following:
- Working with BDM, deliver credit and savings products according to CareCoop’s methodology and achieve the targets set in the operating plan.
- Support the BDM in implementing the marketing plan of CareCoop.
- Ensure compliance with CareCoop Policies and procedures. Product delivery must be performed within all existing organisational policies and procedures including promotion, assessment, recommendation, approval, disbursement, monitoring and arrears management.
- Making recommendations to Management on any changes to products, processes, manuals or procedures that would
- contribute to achieving the targets contained in the operating plan. This would include new or existing products. The Loan Officer will be responsible for implementing approved changes and ensuring compliance to the standards.
Minimum Secondary Education:
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Economics or any other relevant Business-Related field
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- At least 3+ years’ experience working in a similar role
- A sound knowledge of micro finance, principles, and practices of banking
- Credit analytical skills
- Sales and marketing skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Reporting lines; Reports directly to the Business Development Manager
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should email their application letters supported by copies of academic and professional qualifications with CVs as a single document in PDF to the email below:
not later than, Applicants must provide day time contact numbers and three (3) traceable references. The subject line for the email must be ‘Loan Officer Application’.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.