Purpose of Position
To develop and maintain an effective financial and administrative management system for the UNICEF project and in compliance with World Vision Policies & Procedures, regulations and the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Provide effective oversight of the Program Management Unit’s accounting, administration, Information Technology and human resources supporting the successful implementation of the UNICEF Project.
Grant Budgeting and Funding:
- Budget development in LEAP format, ensuring all project activities are adequately budgeted for and contribute to meet the project objectives.
- Revise the Grant budget whenever there is an amendment to ensure that cash/activity forecast are approved by donor for implementation
- Provide information to all field or program officers pertaining to the availability of funds
- Ensure budget availability before an activity is initiated
- Facilitate and ensure all projects are funded on a timely basis
- Communicate on Grant finance management
Grant Monitoring and Compliance:
- Budgetary control-monitoring that expenditure is according to the agreed and approved budget
- Ensuring that expenditure is in compliance with donor regulations, WV policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and with the agreed and approved budget
- Conducting Financial reviews ,field visits and capacity to sub grantees
- Review and suggestion strengthening of internal controls where necessary
Disbursement and Payment reviews:
- Review of payment request voucher to ensure sufficient and appropriate documentation, that it is properly coded and costs are according to cost principles( i.e. allowable, allocable and reasonableness)
- Perform detailed voucher verification to ensure compliance to WV policies and procedures
- Ensure that payments are approved by authorized personnel all the time
Grant Financial Reporting:
- Ensuring correctness and availability of financial information for input into the National Office reporting system on a timely basis.
- Extract ,review and analyze Sun Systems data to ensure correctness and completeness in readiness for report preparation
- Provide a summary project expenses to Program team to monitor the expenditure against the budget
- Provide variance analysis to management and program on the financial expenditures
- Preparation and submission of Financial Reports according to the donor prescribed formats on a timely basis.
- Manage the balance sheet accounts of the grants which include among other things cash, bank balances , staff advances, payables and receivables
- Reconcile PBAS by harmonizing details for receipts from donor and support offices
- Prepare Bank reconciliations
Audits and Risk Management:
- Facilitating both external and internal audit
- Ensuring that audit recommendations are implemented within the prescribed time.
- Ensure analytic review documents are prepared for audit purposes
- Resolve and implement audit recommendations and apply lessons learnt
- Identify potential and inherent risks and device ways to mitigate their occurrence
- Train program staff on grant financial management
- Advise partners on WV policies and donor regulations
- Liaise with stakeholders on grant project related matters
- Providing grant expenditures and other information needed for strategic management especially in relation to grants as a strategic source of funding for World Vision.
- Attend to queries and give any advice needed by stakeholders as pertaining grants ( This means taking he role of resident financial advisor on grant management)
- Ensure that assets are used for the intended purpose
- Safeguard project assets
- Maintain assets register
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personal sense calling, through attendance of daily devotions and application of professional know how.
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any finance related degree.
- Professional Qualification Full ACCA/CIMA/CPA/CFA or any other recognized qualification.
- Two years of experience in grant accounting with a preference for UN Agencies, EU, USAID and other government grant experience.
- Traceable experience or understanding of the humanitarian context/environment is added advantage
- Knowledge of SunSystems, Vision Excel, and Microsoft word and excel and other computer related financial/accounting system and budgeting is necessary.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be a good problem solver, analytical, creative, and innovative.
- Strong communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts
- Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: office based and field work
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to maintain performance expectation in diverse cultural contexts and psychologically stressful environments
- Must be a honest and accountable person with resources
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as that may be assignment.
- Self-confident, reliable and good leadership qualities
- Self-starter and innovative
- Great attention to details and quality
- Quick leaner and adaptable to different work environment.
- Commitment to a strong work ethics
- Strong client/customer service focus
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: