Eastern Water and Sanitation Company Ltd (EWSC) is a Commercial Water Utility Company mandated to provide water and sanitation services to residents in all the districts of Eastern Province including Chama district in Muchinga Province. EWSC now seeks to recruit an innovative, self-motivated, dynamic, enthusiastic and suitably qualified individual to fill the vacant position of Commercial Assistant (x1) to be based at its district office in Chipata City.
The purpose of this job is to undertake a variety of front-line commercial services, such as cashiering, revenue collection, billing and customer care, in order to provide excellent customer service in line with the Company’s commercial policies and procedures. Other duties include:
- Revenue Collection – undertakes all cashiering duties (e.g. receipting of all monies paid by customers), and implements all permissible measures to ensure 100% revenue collection against the bills/invoices issued by the Company for its products and services in accordance with established Policy provisions.
- Income and Expenditure Cash Book – Maintains the income and expenditures cash book for the District, conducts monthly bank reconciliations and actively participates in stores and procurement management functions at district level as assigned
- Service Provision – ensures that all customers have rightful access to the Company products and services at all times and ensures delivery of proper customer care service and assistance.
- Publicity/Marketing – ensure accurate and timely publicity and marketing of Company products and services to the general public and offers frontline clarification of customer queries and issues
- Customer Care – Collects, records, resolves and/or refers customer complaints, queries and concerns via personal contact, phone, mail, or any other permissible means.
- Reports and Reporting – Compiles and submits reports as directed by supervisor
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels including English & Mathematics
- ZICA Technician or Equivalent Accounting Qualification.
- Experience – Minimum of One (1) year hands-on work experience in similar position
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (MS-Word, MS-Excel, etc.)
- Member of a Professional Body such as the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
How to Apply
Only those candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their hand written application letters and Curriculum Vitae (CVs) and day-time telephone numbers to:-
The Human Resources & Administration Manager,
Eastern Water and Sewerage Company Limited,
PO Box 510464, Parerenyatwa Road,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Applications can also be submitted by email to: