About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
FHI 360 seeks a Technical Advisors for the US DOD-funded Zambia Defense Forces Prevention, Care and Treatment (ZDFPCT) Project. The ZDFPCT project is implemented by FHI 360 for continuing collaborations with the Zambia Defense Force (ZDF) and Ministry of Health (MOH), in scaling up prevention, care, treatment, and support for adults and children living with HIV and TB, through the military, their families and surrounding communities. The project conducts a range of activities to reach the UNAIDS 95-95-95 fast track goals by 2020 and contribute to reaching epidemic control.
- Under the supervision of the Deputy Project Director/Senior Technical Advisor, the Technical Advisors will provide technical and scientific leadership to those designing, and implementing technical strategies, programs or tools in specific technical areas.
- S/he will provide technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design.
- Builds capacity in country-level program staff.
- Assesses current technical, scientific, managerial and operational efficiencies at the program. Provides guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound.
- May evaluate proposal design and protocol development to ensure the design is sound and based upon evidence-based practice.
- Provides global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in the area of expertise.
- Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through authorized participation in scientific forums and technical networks. Shares new knowledge/evidence and best practices through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, implementation; and capacity building of specific technical components of programs or program-wide activity.
- Participate in resource development activities for accomplishing assigned job responsibilities and following the standards and practices.
- Maintains a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners and the Defense Force Medical Services (DFMS) Under the supervision of the Deputy Project Director, develop and support implementation plans to strengthen local infrastructure with a focus on HIV and TB management.
- Ensures that project implementation adheres to the appropriate global strategy and remains technically sound Assist in the development of implementation and evaluation strategies for 95-95-95 prevention, treatment and care indicators across the project.
- Develops tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components for supporting targeted health facilities in carrying out clinical care activities as outlined in the work plan.
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures.
- Provide direct supervision to the facility-based technical officers Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Experience in public health service delivery program management including managing HIV/AIDS/TB programs in Zambia.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand the full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS and TB including the provision of ART.
- Knowledge of Zambian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings. Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political ethical issues surrounding HIV infections.
- Ability to interact and build performing relationships with stakeholders, especially Defense Force Medical Service (DFMS) staff, Ministry of Defense – HIV Coordination Office, and institutions that implement activities in the project technical areas of Adult Treatment, Care and Support, Pediatric Treatment Care and support as well as TB/HIV at the facility and community level.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, consultants and recipients of assistance. Current knowledge of ART and TB/HIV co-infection management.
- Demonstrated management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage high-volume workflow.
Qualification and requirements
- Master’s Degree in Public health or its International Equivalent MBChB / MBBS Medical Doctor with at least 8 years’ experience or Medical Licentiate, Clinical Officer or related degree with 10 years experience Advanced training in HIV Clinical Care/ART and/or CT/PMTCT, and training in program management.
- Typically requires 8+ years of project management experience within a research environment. Registered member of the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ) Experience in care, treatment, and support for adult, Pediatric HIV/AIDS/eMTCT and TB at the clinical level.
- Experience with a USG cooperative agreement preferred Familiarity with Zambian public-sector health system and NGOs and CBOs highly desirable Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Related prior work experience preferred. Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed above.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career link below: