About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
FHI 360 seeks a Technical Officer- Software Development for the US DOD-funded Zambia Defense Forces Prevention, Care and Treatment (ZDFPCT) Project. The ZDFPCT project is implemented by FHI 360 for continuing collaborations with the Zambia Defense Force (ZDF) and Ministry of Health (MOH), in scaling up prevention, care, treatment, and support for adults and children living with HIV and TB, through the military, their families and surrounding communities. The project conducts a range of activities to reach the UNAIDS 90-90-90 fast track goals by 2020 and contribute to reaching epidemic control.
- Under the supervision of the Technical Advisor- Information Management, the Technical Officer- Software Development will assist in providing technical support in the development, creation, modification, and test coding data management systems ZDFPCT project.
- He/she will be responsible for supporting field teams using devices and data flow.
- He/she will support forms and script that allow for the creation and maintenance of an electronic software working as part of a Health Informatics system.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and routinely update all processes, standard operating procedures and documents for software management for the project.
- Create, review & design, solutions and Technical Design Documents (TDD) and engages with end user on requirements and application.
- Participate in requirements analysis, design, test plan creations and test result verification Provides advise for production environment set up and breaks down large scale projects into manageable chunks.
- Participate in the full system development lifecycle involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
- Ensure data captured includes all information required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience 3 years systems development experience Successful full life-cycle implementation of a least 2 major projects Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework Possesses full working knowledge of technologies such as UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server and TCP/IP, GIS software like ARCGIS, QGIS, DHIS2 for example, as well as knowledge of one or more programming languages Strong organizational, time management, computer and communication skills, leadership, coaching and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationship to help achieve organizational goal.
- Ability to recognize the sensitivity to individual organizations needs and the impact on services of the introduction of IT solutions.
- Experience with software development methodology and release processes Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis.
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job.
It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply through FHI 360 career link below: