Lafarge Zambia Plc is the leading supplier of building materials and construction solutions in Zambia and the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). It is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group, the world leader in the building materials industry with a well-balanced presence in 80 countries and a focus on cement, aggregates and concrete. The Group has 80,000 employees around the world operating in more than 2,300 sites. Lafarge Zambia has a total production capacity of 1,500,000 tonnes per annum in Chilanga and Ndola, and distributes by road and rail to all corners of the country and the region. Lafarge Zambia also owns and operates the Mapape Aggregates Plant which is able to supply 600,000 tonnes of high quality aggregates per annum. Joining Lafarge Zambia means being part of a successful international Group that builds its business strategy around product innovation. For LafargeHolcim, People Development is an investment in the future! Lafarge Zambia is looking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, and qualified individual to take up the role of Senior Plant Supervisor for the Aggregates Plant in Chilanga.
Overall Job Purpose
To coordinate all production and maintenance activities at the Aggregates Plant in full compliance with the LafargeHolcim Health & Safety Standards and Advisories.
- Supervise the area operatives and maintenance team to achieve the optimum performance levels agreed with the Aggregates Plant Manager.
- Develop and supervise the operations and maintenance of systems to ensure compliance to relevant statutory regulations.
- Develop daily and weekly maintenance plans and circulate in time.
- Providing technical reports and Key Performance data at the required times and circulate to the nominated Managers.
- Supervising site resource (labour and machinery) according to agreed standards in order to fulfill the requirements of our customers and to meet the agreed quality standard for aggregates.
- Carrying out routine internal audits/inspections as directed by the annual audit schedule.
- Reporting all procedure deficiencies to the Aggregates Plant Manager and Quality Assurance Managers.
- Providing comprehensive support to the area teams for the speedy investigation, reporting and resolution of all complaints.
- Develop and respect safe working procedures and strictly enforce compliance of the LafargeHolcim Health & Safety Policy and Cardinal Rules.
- Lead safety risk assessment at the beginning of all tasks to ensure that proper tools are being used for each job, and that work areas are maintained in an organized manner and housekeeping after jobs are completed is accomplished.
- Manage the site stores, including spare parts inventory by keeping an up-to-date critical spare list.
- Test equipment after repairs are made prior to returning equipment over to production.
- Assist in preparing and managing budgets for all plant spares and consumables including conveyor belts and accessories, crusher liners, vibrating screens mesh and accessories, electrical spares, and lubricants.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience/Skills
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- A minimum of an Advanced Certificate or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of 7 years hands-on experience in crushing and screening plants (mining industry experience is an added advantage).
- Work experience with Jaw and Cone crushers, vibro screens, conveyor belt splicing maintenance, metal fabrication.
- Electrical maintenance (3-Phase, 415 – 550V control systems).
- IT skills particularly Microsoft Office, ERP experience will be an added advantage.
- Problem solving skills (Root Cause Analysis) and PARETO analysis a must.
- Mature demeanor and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Leadership skills
- Resourcefulness and relentless in completing assigned tasks.
- Valid SADC driving License a must.
- Must be familiar with the Mine Safety Department and Zambia Environmental Management Agency regulations.
- Must be a member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
How to Apply
Applicants may send their application letters and curriculum vitae to the email below:
Please ensure that the position you are applying for is clearly written in the subject of the email. Only emailed applications will be accepted.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.