Leonard Cheshire (LC) is looking for an assertive and self-motivated individual to fill a new post of Finance and Administrative Manager supporting our office in Lusaka, Zambia.
The role will be required to work closely and proactively with the office and our wider financial teams in processing day-to-day tasks such as payroll, banking and cash management, upholding the policies of Leonard Cheshire and ensuring reporting deadlines are met. The role has a strong focus on support our partners with their financials as well as building capacity through training.
You will hold or be working towards a degree in a relevant discipline with an CPA 2 accounting qualification. You will have a strong understanding of budgets, working on QuickBooks and in payroll and financial management skills. Your experience in capacity building partners will be extensive as is your experience working with complex donar working.
You will be an effective communicator at all levels, able to maintain strong working relationship internally and externally and a confident manner. You will have excellent organisational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritise work under pressure. You will be an effective team player who can work as part of a small and dynamic team.
We seek candidates with a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire who are excited by this opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with a disability.
Leonard Cheshire Disability welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Reporting to: Regional Representative - Southern Africa
(dotted line reporting to the International Finance
Team in the UK)
Department: Finance team, Zambia
Purpose of the job
To provide all aspects of financial management and administrative support to
regional office by supporting all projects and partners with budget reviews, donor
compliance and capacity building.
The key responsibilities include: budget
management and re-alignments, monthly expenditure reporting, cashflow
management & forecasting, processing payroll and donor financial reporting.
Working with the wider international team on processing tasks, maintaining the
control environment, upholding the policies of Leonard Cheshire and ensuring
reporting deadlines are met.
- Partner Financial Reporting
- Support partners in preparation and review of their budget revision requests,
- costed-work plans and cash flow projections.
- To support the partner organisation to meet the donor compliance / finance requirements.
- In consultation with regional and head office finance, undertake regular
- checks of the partner’s reporting to ensure the integrity of financial systems.
- Analyze and monitor partner financial reports, on a monthly and quarterly
- basis within an agreed timetable.
- Ensure that expenditure is accurate and complete with supporting evidence,
- in line with agreed work plans and that all variances are identified early on
- and acted upon appropriately.
- Working closely with the project team, ensure partners monthly reports on
- performance of the utilization of budgets against the agreed budget lines are
- communicated and reviewed within the consortium.
- Work with the project team to ensure that all internal control (policy) and
- donor requirements is disseminated to the teams and partner.
- In coordination with colleagues and partners prepare and ensure the project
- forecast is reviewed and updated regularly.
- To ensure the partner due diligence information collected is regularly
- reviewed and updated on a timely basis.
- Conduct workshops and trainings with partners as required.
Finance & Administration - JD. 11/07/19
- Ensure any financial risk areas are identified and elevated to the Regional
- Representative and finance colleagues as appropriate.
- Financial Accounting and Management
- Manage and monitor Leonard Cheshire expenditure in line with the project
- budget, highlighting variances and resource allocation to the Regional
- Supporting the Regional Representative and programs team to prepare any
- project budget amendment/revision requests.
- Review financial payment vouchers for supplier’s payments, travel advance
- requests and other payments requests.
- Track outstanding advances and follow up to ensure all are cleared on timely
- basis and in line with financial policies.
- Review all travel expense reports, workshop expense reports and any other
- reconciliations for authorization, accuracy, allowable expenses, charge codes
- and accounting for advances.
- Follow up on resolutions of all questioned items and see that they are
- resolved in a timely manner.
- Review posting and journals transactions on Leonard Cheshire finance systems.
- Prepare and submit cashflow and grant requests.
- Coordinate project and in country audits.
- Support project audits and monitoring visits as may be called upon.
- Entering finance data in the finance system, ensuring accurate coding, and assisting the regional finance team and partners with entries into their finance system.
- Compile monthly partner financial reports for submission to the HQ (both detailed and summary reports).
- Prepare regional office financial reports, expenditure reports and any other reports as required.
- Be involved in meetings with Head Office, partners and colleagues to discuss reporting and financial performance.
- Work together with the Regional Representative in the preparation of annual budgets, and revisions as well as assist in fundraising bid analysis (including costing).
- Will act as the petty cash holder for regional office.
Payroll and Administration:
- Prepare payments to staff in the regional office.
- Ensure staff payroll is prepared and signed off in a timely manner with full supporting documentation
- Preparation of statutory obligations, including local regulation compliance (e.g. payroll).
- Ensure that all statutory deductions are calculated and paid in a timely manner.
- Maintain all statutory records at the project office, including staff attendance and leave registers, monthly meeting registers, and asset register.
- Ensure compliance with Leonard Cheshire’s policies and procedures,
Finance & Administration - JD. 11/07/19
- Ensuring the regional finance manual is being complied with, is up to date and any recommended changes are signed off by the International Finance Manager.
- Maintain finance procedures and assist staff to follow the set rules and regulations.
- Act as a bank agent for the regional office bank account.
- Ensure all documentation and vouchers are maintained and filed according to donor requirements and best practice.
- Ensure all documents are stamped paid after payment made.
- Taking minutes and actions during finance and regional meetings.
- Assist in any other administrations duties as required
- Grant financial management
- Donor financial reporting.
- Carry out any changes to donor budget modifications, forecasts or project budget allocations.
- Reviewing and reconciliations of donor financial reports.
- Person specification
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline (BCOM/Accountancy)
- Accounting qualification CPA 2
- Experience in a finance, grant management financial administration and payroll
- Sound knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- A good understanding of budgets and strong financial management skills
- Familiar with Financial and IT systems (i.e. quick books, Excel)
- An excellent communicator at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and under own initiative.
- Able to maintain strong working relationships with external parties.
- To have a genuine commitment to the values and ethos of Leonard Cheshire
- Experience working with institutional donor funds (e.g. EU, DFID, USAID)
- Payroll experience
- Experience of working for a disability NGO or an understanding of the
- importance of disability inclusion in development’
- Key competencies & skills
- Team player and able to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills
- Honest and person of sound character
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: