The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), a Statutory Body established by the Government of the Republic of Zambia under section 3 of the Civil Aviation Authority Act No.7 of 2012, to provide for regulation and promotion of Civil Aviation in Zambia, is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position of Management Accountant.
To prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to ensure that the CAA management makes well informed decisions to ensure future stability, growth and sustainability. To establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems as well as provide a high-quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all areas of finance.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Reporting to the Manager-Finance, the duties of the Management Accountant will include
- To coordinate Budget preparation, monitor and report performance.
- To maintain financial records in compliance with accepted policies and procedures of the Authority.
- Managing the Authority’s pay roll system.
- To pay all statutory obligations and ensure all internal and external reporting deadlines, including audit, tax, social security and third parties are met.
- To establish and ensure that appropriate accounting control systems required for the effective operations of the institution are implemented.
- To work with management so as to maintain a tight control environment.
- To compile and analyse financial information and to prepare financial statements including monthly, semi- annual, and annual accounts.
- To analyse financial information and recommend or develop efficient use of resources.
- To Manage Accounts Payables.
- To perform any other task as may be delegated from time to time.
Knowledge and skills requirements
- Minimum Primary/Secondary Education
- Full Form V /Grade 12 Certificate with Credits in English and Mathematics.
Professional and Academic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy and full ACCA or CIMA or ZICA or CA Zambia.
- Fellow and, or Associate membership with ZICA
- A thorough understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards
- Knowledge of PASTEL EVOLUTION Accounting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Software Packages such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Knowledge of the Finance Management Act of 2018.
Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
- 5 years experience of which 3 years should be at the similar or higher level.
- Ability to create innovative solutions to business challenges
- Team Player
- Decision Making
- Analytical skills
- Result Oriented
- Analytical skills
Only Zambian Citizens meeting the above qualifications and competencies need to apply with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant certificates enclosed.
Applications must be submitted in hard copy. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
The Director General Civil Aviation Authority,
PO Box 50137,