The Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) is the regulatory and supervisory Authority for the Pensions and Insurance Industry in Zambia. The entities operating in the pensions and insurance market include among others; insurance companies, reinsurance companies, insurance intermediaries, pension schemes fund managers and fund administrators. The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, experienced, passionate and inspirational candidates to fill the following positions.
Reporting to the Manager – Prudential Supervision – Insurance, the Inspector will be responsible for conducting risk assessments and inspections of regulated long-term and general Insurance and related entities in order to enhance compliance to the Insurance Act and sound financial and business practices.
- Monitors all routine and non-routine compliance deadlines affecting insurers or reinsurers and advises the Manager of violations accordingly.
- Prepares risk analysis reports for assigned regulated entities so that the risk profile and Inspection Plan can be agreed with Supervisor.
- Conducts prudential routine and non-routine inspections of assigned regulated companies and entities, collecting data and inspecting financial records and other data/information of the business to determine risks and their continued viability as well as ability to service clients adequately.
- Conducts AML/CFT reviews and inspections on re-insurers and insurers
- Drafts inspection reports which highlights whether or not inspected entities are adhering to legal provisions, regulations and set standards and develops recommendations to the Manager-Prudential Supervision for action where necessary
- Ensures that risk analysis and inspections reports, documents and working-papers are filed and securely retained in accordance inspections and filing procedures.
- Processes received licence applications by ensuring that information and documentation are complete and that applicants meet the minimum license requirement set by the PIA in accordance with the provisions of the InsuranceAct No. 27 before forwarding them to Supervisor with recommendations.
- Maintains and updates the Authority’s supervisory management information centre (i.e catalogue and data base of insurer and re-insurer profiles; govemance documents, applications, financial returns, etc)
- Compiles and shares information with Finance, Market Conduct or Legal Services Units, external authorities as requested by Supervisor.
- Conduct or participate in the Authority’s or stakeholder programmes for capacity-building of policymakers, insurers and intermediaries and consumer education
- Makes contributions when standards or procedures are being developed or reviewed to enhance supervision.
- Full Grade 12 certificate with creditor better in Mathematics and pass in English.
- Degree in either Accounting/Business Administration or Full professional accountancy qualification such as ACCA/ClMA/ZlCA.
- Masters programme will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ relevant experience in audit orfinancial sector preferably 2 years in a related industry.
How to Apply
Applicants meeting the above qualifications should submit an application letter. Copies of certificates and Curriculum Vitae to the address below.
Human Resources and Administration Manager,
Pension and Insurance Authority,
4618 Lubwa Road, Rhodespark,
P/Bag 30x, Ridgeway,