In line with our corporate priorities aimed at ensuring optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other, we are seeking highly motivated, result-oriented, well-qualified and experienced professionals to fill the following vacancies under the Human Resource Department.
Reporting directly to the Human Resource Manager – Training Centre, the job holder will be responsible for assisting the Human Resource Manager – Training Centre in ensuring that all Training Centre facilities are kept clean and pleasant through the supervision of staff under the lodging section. The job holder will also be responsible for supervising overall kitchen operations, providing competitive food and beverage services as well as general supervision of the catering section of the ZRA Training Centre.
- Supervise room attendants and the public area workers and ensure that work is carried out to the standards required by the management.
- Ensure profitability of the Kitchen and Hostel rooms is achieved as per budgeted figures
- Formulate and carry out Marketing Strategy to promote the products and services of the Training Centre.
- Manage bookings and reservations for confcrcncc and guest rooms.
- Ensure that the departure rooms are serviced and made ready as soon as possible in order that the reception may re-let at any time.
- Anticipate the customer requirements at all times and ensuring their comfort and satisfaction,including those attending conferences and meetings.
- Ensure that all the conference areas are kept clean, pleasant, comfortable, safe and hygienic.
- To work closely with the Head Chef to ensure that all standards regarding food presentation and quality are improved.
- Provide essential information to management such as training needs for the staff under the catering and lodging units.
- Plan, direct and supervise the food preparation activities in the kitchen.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked products to ensure that standards are met.
- Estimate amount and cost of required supplies such as food and ingredients.
- Co-ordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within the establishment.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff as well as instruct chefs how food should be garnished and presented.
- Supervise all tea station and ensure agreed standards.
- Evaluate, monitor sales performance, and summarise sales reports.
- Ensure that there is a clean environment at the training centre.
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education or Equivalent
- Degree in General Hospitality , Hotel Management or any other similar qualifications
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in Hospitality, food and accommodation industry.
Other Skills and Attributes:
- High level of integrity
- Good personal organization
- Oral and written Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Planning Skills
How to Apply
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications and job competencies should apply enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach the undersigned:
The Director, Human Resource, Zambia Revenue Authority,
PO Box 35710,
ZRA National Call Center,