Peace Corps Zambia wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Lozi Language and Cross Culture Facilitators. These are fixed short term contracts which may occur over a two year period.
Location : Lusaka, Chongwe, or Chipembi
Daily Rate : On/around ZMW 630.00/Day
Estimated Days : As needed
Work Schedule : Short term 8 hours/day
The short-term Language and Cross-Culture Facilitator (LCF) will prepare all relevant facilitation and learning materials in addition to facilitating language and culture sessions, and provide an oral report to the Language Coordinator after each language session on each Trainee’s performance; integrate technical vocabulary and culture into language sessions; and conduct language assessments, simulations and Language Proficiency Interviews (LPI).
- In order to be selected for this position, the applicant must be legally eligible to work in Zambia, must not have been employed in intelligence-related activities, and must submit an application that clearly documents how they meet each of the following requirements.
- Possession of a 2 years Certificate, in teaching or in adult education is required.
- Possession of a degree in teaching or in adult education will be an added advantage.
- Three years of experience teaching English language or Zambian Languages/ Linguistics; Adult Education ex-perience and/or experience teaching Zambian languages to non-native adult speakers will be an added ad-vantage.
- Good working knowledge and fluency in English is required; must be a fluent speaker of the Lozi language.
- Excellent knowledge of grammar, idiom, syntax, and pronunciation of the host country language is required; sound knowledge of the Zambian culture, language training methodologies and facilitation skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to ride a bicycle in a rural set up will be required.
- Willing to work and live as a community based- trainer in rural environments
- Computer literacy in Microsoft word, Excel and Power point
- Peace Corps’ Certification to administer and score Language Profile Interviews (LPI) will be an added ad-vantage.
Applications and supporting documentation including a typed cover letter, CV, educational certifications, , and at least three traceable references that clearly documents how you meet each of the above requirements must be submitted: