Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd, is the water Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia and in charge of providing Water and Sanitation services to the 12 districts. As a Company, we are the implementing Agency of the National Vision with regard to water and Sanitation in the Urban Towns of Muchinga and Northern Provinces. Our vision is ‘To be the most effectively managed Utility in Zambia’, by focusing on ensuring that our customers are delighted with the quality of our services.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancies:
To operate and monitor the operations and performance of all equipment, gauges and charts in the pump stations and water treatment plants in order to ensure adequate and quality water and service delivery.
- Responsible for proper operation of the Water Treatment Plant or Intake Plant
- To maintain a consistent supply of high quality water to the water distribution system
- Inspects and ensures the proper operation of Treatment Plant equipment (Pumps, Valves, Sensors,
- Control Panels, Chemical Dosing System and related equipment).
- Makes decisions on chemical feed rates and plant process operations to treat a varying water quality and flow rate as required by the water system demand.
- Operates and maintains pumping stations and other related facilities.
- Performs standardized laboratory tests for treatment plant process control (alkalinity, turbidity, chlorine residual, PH, etc.).
- Cleans, lubricates, adjusts, operates, and assists in repairing water pumps, motors, chemical feed, and related equipment.
- Reads and records measurements of meters, gauges, and recording charts.
- Registers daily water quantities pumped.
- Collects a variety of water samples for laboratory analysis, process control, and regulatory compliance.
- Operates and monitors clear well for total production, chlorine residual, and draw down measurements.
- Initiates and oversees filter backwashes.
- Handles and transports chemicals in a safe and proper manner.
- Responsible for the performance of work in a safe and proper manner of an assigned shift; may train new employees in proper and safe work methods and WTP operations.
- Performs a variety of general maintenance duties (e.g. painting, cleaning, and grounds keeping) at the Water Treatment Plant and related facilities.
- Conducts public tours of the WTP for public relations and educational purposes.
- Performs complex mathematical calculations to determine plant process requirements and efficiencies.
- Performs related duties similar to the above in scope and function as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12(Form v) School Certificate.
- Craft Certificate in Water Supply and Operations.
- Work experience of a minimum of 2 Years.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in solitary conditions for long hours
How to Apply
Those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their applications, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Ltd,
PO Box 410397,
Kindly note that no email application will be processed.