Zambia National Commercial Bank Plc (Zanaco) is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Operations Division under the Information & Technology Department at the Data Centre for a fixed term period of 36 Months: –
The primary objective of the role is to design, code, enhance and test software applications to meet business process requirements as well as the banks digital growth. The incumbent will be required to apply their functional knowledge and technical expertise in the implementation of configuration changes and maintenance of Zanaco software applications.
Under the supervision of the Applications Development Senior Specialist, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Design and implementation of analyses that will identify requirements related to people, processes and technology.
- Design and develop applications based on technical/functional design documents.
- Includes hands on involvement in designing, coding and testing of program modules.
- Development of technical design documents (specifications) based on functional design documents (business requirements).
- Creation, execution and documentation of tests necessary to ensure that an application or technical environment meets performance requirements (technical, functional and user interface).
- Maintenance, repair and performance tuning of applications.
- Plan, Manage and Deploy Bank Application Fixes.
- Facilitate root cause analysis of Bank Application issues.
- End user support activities when needed.
- External: Vendors
- Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology / Software Engineering.
- At least four (4) years of relevant IT experience
- Agile project management experience
- Application development experience utilizing web-based applications such as J2EE, JDK, Struts, Spring, Hibernate, and HTML and as well as Mobile Application Frameworks
- Content Management System experience.
- Contract Type:
- Three-year fixed term renewable contract
Job Core Competencies:
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Research skills
- Problem solving
- Drive for results
- Customer service orientation
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Planning skills
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to the email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).