The Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission (CEEC) is a Body Corporate established under the Citizens’ Economic Empowerment Act No. 9 of 2006 to enhance broad-based economic empowerment, foster citizens’ economic ownership, control and management of economic resources, as well as to promote economic empowerment of targeted citizens is inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following position:
Reporting to the Business Development Manager the ideal candidate will be responsible for the function of the Enabling Environment Programmes as described in the relevant sections of the CEEC Act.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Within the context of CEE Act No. 9 of 2006:
- Undertake research and facilitate the development and implementation of Sector Codes of Good Practice
- Undertake research and facilitate the development and implementation of Reservation Schemes
- Undertake research and facilitate the development and implementation of Preferential Procurement
- Undertake research and recommend strategies for developing an entrepreneurship culture and skills among targeted citizens
- Undertake research and make recommendations towards developing good empowerment policies
- Undertake activities that support the role of Business Associations in enhancing economic empowerment of targeted citizens
- Undertake research, recommend and support the co-ordination of the economic empowerment programmes of various public institutions in Zambia
- Facilitate surveys and research aimed at identifying ways of enhancing the impact of economic empowerment in Zambia
- Undertake periodic reviews and recommend areas for enhancing the effectiveness of the CEE Act in achieving its objectives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Grade Twelve Certificate
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other related field;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- A strategic team player able to develop professional skills of others;
- At least 5 years working experience in work related to promoting an enabling business environment for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should submit application letters enclosing an updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the following address:
The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
The Director General,
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission,
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard,
PO Box 35068,