Location: Kazungula (1) and Gwembe (1)
Purpose of Position
Ensure proper and safe custody (storage) of all food and nonfood commodities entrusted to the care of WV by donors. The Warehouse assistant is responsible for documentation of commodity transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and delivery of all food commodities.
Communicate World Vision´s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Ensure that all commodities arriving at the warehouse and leaving the warehouse are properly accounted for.
- Scrutinize all waybills to ensure that the commodities are of correct quantities and quality as manifested on the waybill.
- Immediately record all quantities delivered short (missing), quantities lost in transit and quantities damaged if any. All observations must be recorded immediately.
- Supervise off-loading of the commodities make sure it is properly undertaken. Commodities must carefully be inspected and counted during off-loading before accepting in the warehouse.
- Immediately reconstitute torn / loose / slack / leaking / damaged bags, tins or cartons to prevent any further loss. Document such activity.
Maintain good warehousing standards:
- Proper storage of Commodities and ensure proper stacking in an organized manner by commodity type and by shipment number to facilitate proper physical count
- Be alert to observe any signs of weevils and other grain pests that damage the commodities during storage.
- Commodities must in good condition.
- Check for infestation and take immediate action by informing the Commodity Assistants.
- Unfit commodities must be stacked separately away from the sound stocks.
- Damaged commodities are disposed following the set Donor regulation and guidelines
- Follow all health and safety procedure and regulations in accordance with relevant policy guidelines.
Commodity Accounting and warehouse documentation:
- Accurately filling and updating all the warehouse records including Ledger books, stack cards and stock control sheets.
- Ensure quantities recorded on these documents correspond to the daily physical stock in the warehouse.
- Keep daily records of warehouse movement (commodities received and dispatched including the destinations).
- Pay attention to detail and monitor the quality of inventory
- Commodities shall NEVER leave the warehouse without prior approval of the Field Coordinator or his/her designee.
- Loading of Commodities shall ONLY take place after receiving a LOADING AUTHORIZATION from the Commodity Manager or his/her designee.
- A waybill or a delivery note MUST accompany commodities leaving the warehouse.
- Ensure warehouse losses or foreseen losses are reported in good time for proper accountability.
- Commodity reporting period is between 1st and 25th of every month. Reports must be ready to the head office by the 1st day of the following month latest.
- Prepare monthly Commodity Receipt Summary, Truck Inspection Reports, Dispatch summary, Loss Status Reports and Physical Inventory Reports at the end of every month. These MUST be submitted to the head office by the 1st day of the following month latest
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- A mature Christian who shows a desire to serve humanity and to strengthen his/her relationship with the Lord Jesus
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications/Education, Knowledge, Technical Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Stores management, Business Administration or its equivalent
- Full Grade 12 certificate
- Able operate heavy machinery like the forklift (with valid license) and hold a valid driver’s license.
- Basic training in storekeeping with maximum 2 years work experience is added advantage.
- Must be mature, a self-starter, with dedication and ability to work with less or no supervision.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and work with others as a team.
- Atleast 2 years of experience in a related field preferably in with an NGO working in commodity programming and logistics.
- They should also be willing to live and work in the location stated and/or as designated.
- Proactive in paying attention to detail and monitor the quality of inventory
- Must be computer literate
- Good command of oral and written English a MUST.
- Familiarity with inventory software, and able to upload data into the WVZ system
- Must be certified physically fit.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Able to work on a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff.
- Domestic travel is required
- Willingness to travel and stay within the community meet with different groups
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: