Ecobank Zambia is a full service bank providing a broad range of products and Services to Consumer, Commercial and Corporate business segments within its 7 branches.
The bank’s vision is to build a world-class Pan-African bank and contribute to the economic development and financial integration of Africa by providing customers with convenient, accessible and reliable financial products and services. The bank is an affiliate of the Pan-Africa Leader Ecobank Group which is present in 33 Countries in Africa. In order to respond to our growing market with the required human capital, we are currently looking for an experienced professional in the following area:
To oversee and successfully lead the Direct Banking business which consists of the Youth and Classic (Mass Market) customer segments. For synergy and effective delivery, this role will also be responsible for the customer service and contact centre services of the Consumer bank.
This position is responsible for executing the Direct Banking strategy within the Bank to generate sustainable revenues from the Classic and Youth customer segments, through low-cost delivery channels. This role is also responsible for achieving unrivalled Customer Advocacy in the market through the delivery of superior service quality to all Consumer Banking customer segments.
Business and Financial performance:
- Drive a sustainable business capable of delivering consistent double digit revenue and customer acquisition growth over the next 5 years
- Identify and analyse business growth opportunities in the local market and develop appropriate strategies for capturing the market
- Manage the process around market sizing, competitive analysis and sales approach to drive consistent growth of the Direct Banking business
- Effectively partner with the head of Consumer Distribution to drive acquisition and account servicing through low-cost channels
- Position the Ecobank Direct Banking brand as a comparator to top-tier FMCG or Telco brands
- Achieve cost income ratio targets of the business
- Conduct regular Business performance and profitability review
- Drive customer service excellence and ensure competitive solutions and products are consistently Delivered to direct Banking clients.
- Establish and sustain a customer-centric business culture across Consumer Banking, leveraging on people and technology
- Ensure high customer satisfaction as measured and monitored through Customer feedback surveys and Net promoter scores
Leadership and people management:
- Motivate and lead team to achieve consistent profitability through a clear process of target setting.
- Conduct regular people performance and productivity reviews and build healthy talent pipeline.
- Encourage and foster a congenial working environment to enable teams to achieve excellence through teamwork and operational efficiency.
- Ensure an agile and efficient workforce with right skills to meet strategic objectives
Process, control and operational performance:
- Promote high ethical and integrity standards, and establish a culture within Direct Banking that establishes and demonstrates the importance of controls
- Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness
- Lead strategic initiatives that will position Ecobank Direct Banking in your Bank as a top-tier brand
- Champion the delivery of sales and service to Direct Banking customers through low-cost channels
- Drive a customer centric mind-set within the Direct Banking ecosystem, that will result in speedy product & service delivery
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Marketing or related field of study.
- At least 8 years in leadership role supervising a business and people in the banking industry.
- Sound business and people development performance record
- Good Understanding of operations and technology and customer services as it enables the Direct banking business.
- Executive training records and experience in customer services will be an advantage.
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes:
- Strategic understanding of the Direct Banking business and good management skills.
- Ability to establish direction and drive execution; excellent at delivering and owning results
- Leadership and people development skills are required, in order to develop and maintain effective working relationships both externally and internally, with peers, direct reports and customers.
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- An understanding of the Agency banking model
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- Technology savvy and good knowledge of electronic banking products and platforms
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements above and would like to be part of our vibrant and result oriented team, then send your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae including copies of your academic qualifications to the email below:
Country Head Human Resources Ecobank Zambia Ltd,
PO Box 30705,
Envelopes must be clearly marked with the role that you are applying for, please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.