The position will work as part of an agile team to design and implement new IT features and technologies. Deliver high quality and performance code in an agile environment. Use, evaluate, and learn exciting new technologies that keep products and teams on the cutting edge. Provide technical direction and oversight for a single development project. Provide leadership to cross-functional teams. Lead the design, development, and maintenance of complex solutions with a focus on quality, performance, and resiliency.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and routinely update all processes, standard operating procedures and documents for software management for the organization
- Create, Review & Approve Design, Solutions and Technical Design Documents (TDD)
- Engage with end user on requirements and application
- Participate in requirements analysis, design and test plan creations and test result verification
- Advise for production environment set up
- Breaking down large scale projects into manageable chunks
- Coordinate the work being done by other software engineers working on the team, coordinating team activities with other teams and product groups, maintaining software architecture standards.
- Consistently defines and applies technologies, standards and software engineering practices, mentoring other team members
- Lead and Direct software engineering resources to ensure timely and quality delivery of services.
- Responsible for mentoring junior talent as well as directing technical staff through technical challenges, tasks and projects.
- Develop key product features within existing large-scale enterprise applications & new strategic initiatives.
- Participate in the full SDLC involving design, implementation, testing, and launching.
- Assist with the generation and analysis of business and functional requirements for proposed software solutions.
- Participate in and sometimes lead architectural and database design discussions as they relate to product direction.
- Generate data for project planning, including task breakdown and estimation of work for a project. Tracks status within the project as necessary.
- Delegates tasks to project team members to balance work and increase team cross-training
- Raises long-term architecture issues within project
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application, and serve as a technical lead on small to midsize complex projects.
- Build software solutions where the problem is not well defined. Design and define the interaction between the other component pieces.
- Maintain and support software solutions post-production.
- Implements and debugs some of the more involved/complex functionality.
- Performed other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical discipline; or, equivalent demonstrable experience.
- Experience; Knowledge, skills and abilities
- 5 years systems development experience
- Successful full life-cycle implementation of a least 2 major projects
- Experience with software development methodology and release processes Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Excellent knowledge of OS coding techniques, IP protocols, interfaces and hardware subsystems
- Possess different industries as a technical architect, from planning the structure of a large scale records database to the redesigning of a shop’s e-commerce facility, to name a few
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (C#, .NET, Java etc.)
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework
- Possesses full working knowledge of technologies such as UNIX, Oracle, SQL Server and TCP/IP for example, as well as knowledge of one or more programming languages
- Strong organizational, time management, computer and communication skills, leadership, coaching and team building skills to strengthen and cultivate relationship to help achieve organizational goal.
- Ability to recognize the sensitivity to individual organizations needs and the impact on services of the introduction of IT solutions.
Abilities: Ability to multi-task, Analytical skills, Ability to follow verbal or written instructions, Thinking analytically, Communication, Using effective verbal communication, Using effective written communication, Handling stress & emotions, Concentrating on tasks, Making decisions, Adjusting to change, Examining/observing details, Sitting for long periods at a time
Interpersonal/Individual Competencies: ability to work with other team members, flexibility, decisiveness and personal integrity
How to apply
Submit your Cv's to: