Counterpart International is seeking technical specialists to support an anticipated USAID/Zambia District Governance Strengthening initiative, which seeks to support local government capacity to improve service delivery through advocacy, and enhanced engagement and coordination among cross-sectoral public and private actors and citizens, while building capacity and improving transparency.
To those ends, we are seeking qualified candidates that demonstrate expertise in the following areas: Advocacy, capacity building, community engagement and coordination, decentralization, policy, local governance, civil society, social inclusion, youth, gender, health, nutrition, natural resource management, education, private sector engagement, and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and/or collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
- Advanced degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Political Science, Governance and Civil Society, Business Administration, Public Health, Education and/or other related fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development preferably in Zambia
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded programs highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience working with and building the capacity of marginalized groups, to include women and youth
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with senior government representatives at the local, municipal, and national level, local and national civil society actors, donors, USAID representatives, other implementing agencies, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and deliver quality outputs
- Experience with adaptive management approaches preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required
- Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Click here to apply: