Zanaco PLC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Commercial Division under the Corporate & Investment Department at Head Office: –
The Senior Relationship Manager will manage relationships in the Financial Institutions (FI) portfolio under the supervision and guidance of the Head Financial Institutions and will be responsible for the smooth running of each account.
Under the supervision of the Head Financial Institutions, the following are among the Job’s Key Responsibilities: –
- Act as a principal point of contact in the absence of Head – Financial Institutions
- Manage relationships under the Financial Institutions portfolio under the supervision and guidance of the Head – Financial Institutions on a daily basis.
- Attain targeted sales goals, performance targets and customer net promoter score through the effective management of the portfolio
- Review account plans for all networked customers with a view to enhancing business volumes and earnings
- Conduct joint calls with product partners with emphasis on cross selling to increase wallet share for the Bank.
- Manage liabilities book within set parameters for term deposits and sticky cheap liabilities
- Directly responsible for the management of the portfolio to ensure smooth running of each account.
- Quarterly review of portfolio performance per account
- Responsible for implementing marketing strategies to develop existing portfolio and development of new opportunities.
- Development and implementation of network sales process to drive pipeline growth and deal execution.
- Understand customer needs and provide them with products and services to achieve business objectives
- Provide support in structuring propositions to maximize business opportunities of an acceptable quality.
- Monitoring performance of all accounts and credit facilities in the portfolio.
- Negotiate terms and conditions and prepare credit applications for new and renewal of loan facilities for corporate clients
- Present and defend FI credit applications in the Management Credit Committee meetings.
- Collate all action points raised in call reports, track and drive each action to its conclusion.
- Assist in the communication and implementation of any action necessary to improve service in respect of complaints/compliments received.
- Preparation of the credit appraisal and performance of all necessary due diligence procedures for clients seeking credit.
- Effectively monitor the initiation of all credit processes (extensions, excess reports and annual reviews)
- Manage the loan book within parameters set by risk management
- Assess risk and business strategies of the portfolio and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
- External: Existing / prospective customers, Internal stakeholders, Officials of regulatory bodies e.g. PIA, BOZ– for compliance and market information, Competitors
- Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Credit or above, mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three Subjects.
- Degree in Economics, Business Administration and any Finance related field of study.
- At least five (5) years in a related role particularly in the Financial Institutions space.
- Sound Knowledge of the Market and competitors
- Strong knowledge of financial products and services, practices and operational risk.
- Demonstrated selling, negotiation and communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of PowerPoint and presentation skills.
Job Core Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Drive for results
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical thinking & Problem Solving
- Ability to understand and interpret customer needs.
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).