Zanaco PLC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Credit Division under the Corporate Credit Department at Head Office: –
The jobholder will be responsible for managing the performance of the SME & Digital Lending credit portfolio, with strategies that lower NPL and optimize cost-benefit payoff among other duties.
Under the supervision of the Head of SME & Digital Lending the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Developing effective portfolio management monitoring, collection and recovery strategies for the micro, small and medium loans.
- Addressing cash flow management in the disbursement and collections float account in liaison with operations, finance and/or treasury.
- Reconciling the disbursement and collections float account and GLs on a daily basis.
- Ensuring compliance with the principles of good lending enshrined in the Credit Policy, Credit Strategy and Bank of Zambia guidelines.
- Act as second line support for all matters SME and digital lending.
- Managing Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) reporting and clearance for digital customers.
- Managing several collections and recoveries teams both internally and externally to ensure high recovery rates, cure rates and quality assurance.
- Identify, prioritize and implement collection tests and improvement strategies.
- Identify root cause of issues affecting collection results, communicate trade-offs/risks for different solutions and lead implementation of improved programs.
- Give feedback on product development and improvement.
- Develop and effectively disseminate and discuss regular reports both internally and externally.
- Monitor the performance of the various loans disbursed under the pre-approved SME product programs and develop MIS for effective feedback into management.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management
- External: Regulators, Auditors, Consultants, Credit Reference Bureaus, Other partners.
- Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications And Experience
- University Degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Actuarial, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science etc.) or business field
- Four (4) years ‘experience in debt management in a highly automated environment.
- Experience in portfolio monitoring & management, debt collections and recoveries.
- Experience in using debt collection modules, setting-up & management of a debt collection call center.
- Experience in analytics presentation such as dashboards.
- Proficiency in SQL and script writing is mandatory.
Job Core Competencies
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Numerical skills/data rational.
- Presentation skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Forward planning.
- Ability to lead, direct, manage and supervise.
- Results orientated.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen.
- Good prioritization skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Leadership and negotiation skills
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).