Zanaco PLC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Credit Division under the Corporate Credit Department at Head Office: –
The role is responsible for designing and evaluating credit risk models that work in production. The role holder will use data available from both internal and external sources to build fraud and credit models to make real-time decisions.
Under the supervision of the Head of SME & Digital Lending, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Understand trust and build signals from unstructured and structured data to identify good and bad borrowers.
- Identify patterns of fraudulent behavior and build credit models to detect and prevent these behaviors.
- Propose product and credit policy changes to improve company profitability.
- Monitor digital loans portfolio to identify trends, lead weekly digital lending steering committee meetings to share updates and analysis.
- Develop statistical models to assist in pricing and user segmentation.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management
- External: Regulators, Auditors, Consultants, Credit Reference Bureaus, Other partners.
- Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in quantitative field (Statistics, Actuarial, Mathematics, Economics, Operations Research, Computer Science etc.)
- At least five (5) years’ experience with managing full implementation lifecycle for digital lending solutions.
- Fluency in SQL and SAS or R/Python is mandatory.
- Ability to design algorithms, which may include data cleaning, data mining, data clustering and pattern recognition methodologies.
Job Core Competencies
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Numerical skills/data rational.
- Presentation skills.
- Persuasive skills.
- Analytical and quantitative skills.
- Forward planning.
- Ability to lead, direct, manage and supervise.
- Results orientated.
- Strong numerical skills and financial acumen.
- Good prioritization skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Leadership and negotiation skills
How to Apply
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).