ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Youth Hub Coordinator.
Purpose of the Role:
- Responsible for planning and coordination of day to day hub activities at the Global platform.
- To coordinate and ensure that the Global Platform is running smoothly to support the implementation of all the hub activities
- To build and support the team innovations that are constantly improving the hub
- Delivering progressive and inspiring youth hub activities around key thematic areas in line with AAZ Country strategy
- Mentor youth to lead different regular youth hub activities that enhance the work of the Global Platform and AAZ
- Provide strategic over sight to Programme activities
- To manage the communication and sustainability of the Global Platform
- To collaborate and work closely with the economic innovation advisor to put into place new ideas and pilots that will improve the platforms economic stability.
- Manage relationships with partners/clients as delegated by the Programmes Manager
- Ensure all youth hub activities are monitored and evaluated efficiently and effectively to capture learning and impact.
- Connect with youth hubs in the country, region and world to learn and bring new ideas to the platform
- Supervise and support staff, interns and volunteers working on initiatives that fall under the Youth Hub.
- Organizational development activities
- Any degree discipline is acceptable for entry into the profession, although a Masters in any Social Sciences will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years working experience of designing and delivering participatory trainings
- Experience of youth activism; passionate about youth-led activism
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation or capturing learning for projects
- Experience of running events and coordinating complex activities
- Experience of setting up systems
- An understanding of ActionAid work around youth issues
Other Required Competences:
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Ability to write concise, analytical and accurate reports to meet agreed deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills, ability to relate well and build a rapport with a diverse range of people
- Detail focused, time management and ability to meet deadlines
Integrity and professionalism: personal initiative and ability to take ownership; willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently.
- Accountability: mature and responsible; ability to operate in compliance with organizational rules and regulations
- Teamwork and respect for diversity: ability to operate effectively in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity and gender.
- Genuine commitment towards the Human Rights-Based Approach principles which includes solidarity, compassion, reciprocity and self-reliance; and commitment towards the organization’s core values.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address:
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources, ActionAid Zambia, PO Box 51407,
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and candidates finalist.