Zambart, formerly Zambia AIDS Related Tuberculosis (ZAMBART) is a research-focussed non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication and counselling.
To support our wide range of research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the position of Quality Officer to be based at our Head Office, Central Laboratory in Lusaka.
- To assist the Zambart Central Laboratory in its effort to achieve and maintain SADCAS accreditation by spearheading the introduction and implementation of a Quality Management System (QMS) and monitoring compliance in accordance with ISO 15189:2012.
- To work closely with laboratory staff to implement and monitor compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS)
- To have primary responsibility for organizing, coordinating, and documenting all Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) and External Quality Assurance (EQA) programs
- To coordinate and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs), monitor compliance and maintain records and documentation
- To develop, present, and document quality assurance (QA) training programs for laboratory staff
- To maintain databases and computer programs for the compilation and statistical analysis of quality assurance (QA) data
- To maintain records of laboratory equipment, maintenance and service in accordance with ISO 15189:2012
- To perform TB and HIV testing when necessary
- BSc in Biomedical or Biological Sciences
- Master’s degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences, Quality Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, or related field
- Extensive experience working in a TB and/or HIV testing laboratory and writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Previous experience or training in ISO 15189:2012 and Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Excellent computer skills and experience with statistical software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The appointment is for a 12 months contract.
How to Apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above position should submit their application letter, CV and certificates to The Human Resources Manager, Zambart Head Office situated at UNZA Ridgeway Campus,
PO Box 50697,
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.