The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant positions.
A. Job Purpose
- To plan and co-ordinate the design, installation and connectivity of computers and network systems to ensure the stable operation of the organization’s ICT assets.
B. Job Responsibilities
- Develops, implements and maintains policies and procedures for network administration.
- Performs IT equipment asset management.
- Documents WAN architecture design and layout including protocols and standards used as well as configurations.
- Designs and deploys company LANs and WAN including servers, routers, switches, UPSs and other Hardware.
- Conducts research on network products, services, protocols and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Oversees new and old equipment, hardware and software upgrades relating to network.
- Plans and implements any improvements, modification or replacement of network infrastructure components.
- Monitors network performance and troubleshoots problem areas as needed to identify and remedy network performance bottlenecks.
- Manages planning and maintenance of network cabling at Head Office and all branches.
C. Job Requirements
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include
- English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in network administration.
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Good personal organization
- ICT Technical skills
- Oral and communication skills
- Written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Risk analysis skills
How to Apply
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating daytime telephone/ mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements as set out in the advert and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.