Zambian Financial Sector Deepening Limited (FSD Zambia) is a Zambian organisation working closely with key players throughout the economy to ensure that all Zambians are financially healthy, particularly the most excluded and underserved. We help rural families, women, youth, low income people, and other households in Zambia to understand and access a wide range of sustainable, comparable and affordable financial services. To expand financial inclusion, we collaborate with both public and private sector institutions to make financial markets work better.
FSD Zambia enhances trust between clients and suppliers of financial services by helping to bring people together, cultivate understanding, stimulate innovation, and lower costs. In this way, all women, men, girls and boys can learn about, choose, and use a wide range of financial services that have the most positive impact on their lives. FSD Zambia enjoys the active support of financing partners UK Aid, SIDA, Rural Finance Expansion Programme (RUFEP) and Comic Relief/Jersey Overseas Aid.
About the Job
- The Director – Field (Financial Services Supply) is responsible primarily to provide results-oriented leadership in designing and implementing and managing projects under FSDZ’s thematic areas namely, informal finance, inclusive insurance, rural and agricultural finance and Inclusive enterprise finance.
- The objective of this role is to provide technical and managerial leadership for the strategy implementation and programming aimed at contributing to the development of appropriate inclusive financial products and services for the underserved and unserved low-income market segments in Zambia.
- The Director of Financial Services Supply is to be perceived as the expert in inclusive financial products and services for urban and rural households, individuals and enterprises.
- The Director of Financial Services Supply is responsible for providing technical advice on all thematic areas to the CEO and participate in the identification, proposal writing and securing fundraising opportunities for the strategy’s expansion. The position reports directly to FSD Zambia’s CEO.
The candidate must have:
- Excellent knowledge and experience on the application of Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) principles in the development of inclusive financial service solutions and implementation of market facilitation and capacity building initiatives of financial services providers.
- Demonstrated ability in provide strategic leadership in market facilitation of inclusive financial services including development and management of innovation support facilities to stimulate or catalyse the supply of appropriate inclusive financial services.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with people of varied backgrounds or inter-disciplinary teams, that is, national and international experts.
- Strong project management skills, relationship building skills, strong communication, influencing and engagement skills as well as ability to produce high quality reports and publications in English.
- Strong strategic th inking and political judgement on financial inclusion issues and also thrive when working under pressure and with flexible working hours.
- Strong proposal writing skills, with demonstrated ability to contribute to fund raising for inclusive financial services development projects.
- Excellent knowledge of and work experience in Zambia.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Development, Development Economics, Financial Services, Banking or Insurance
- Minimum 7 years of professional experience in facilitation the development of financial service markets
- Strong management capabilities with excellent track record of providing organisational and leadership support to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of programmes and projects
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills with staff, stakeholders and partners with motivation for high quality service delivery.
How to Apply
FSD Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination due to disability, ethnicity, race, religion or gender. We strongly encourage people with disabilities who have the relevant skills and experience to apply.
or send an email request to:
Candidates are invited to submit a one-page cover letter indicating current and expected remuneration, together with maximum three-page CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.