The North Western Water Supply and Sewerage Company Ltd (NWWSSCL) is a commercial utility, providing water and sanitation services in the North – Western Province. The Company has a vision of “striving for excellence in water supply and sanitation”. It is value driven and performance oriented and since inception in the year 2000 has been among the top performing utilities. NWWSSCL is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit high profile, self-motivated, innovative, honesty, committed, adequately qualified and appropriately experienced persons to fill the following vacant position in a challenging environment. The Company operates in Eight (8) Districts.
Reporting Line: Managing Director
Formulates and implements company policy and strategies on all aspects of the financial management of the Company. Ensures right management information is available to the Board, Managing Director and Senior Management and ensures adequate financial and accounting records and internal financial controls are established and maintained, and that all reporting requirements are met. Provides overall supervision of Finance Directorate
Statement of Main Duties & Accountabilities:
- Ensures that adequate accounting records are maintained to ensure timely recording of all financial transactions undertaken by the Company.
- Prepares the annual report and audited accounts for presentation to the Board.
- Prepares quarterly management accounts for Board presentation and management control purposes in terms of provision of information for efficient and effective decision making
- Prepares the annual Corporate Budget and business plans to define management’s operating strategies within policy guidelines defined by the Board
- Prepares the financial annual accounts with all the necessary schedules for submission to external auditors
- Supervises payments, especially major ones involving water treatment chemicals, ZESCO bills and statutory payments
- Ensures preparation of tariff review proposals and submits them to the Board and NWASCO for approval and preparation, respectively.
- Sources financial resources to meet CAPEX and other operational needs at competitive rates
- Ensures implementation of investment policies in line with Board policy guidelines to ensure acceptable returns are earned on all investment portfolios undertaken, including recommendation of divestment options identified to the Board.
- Conducts financial analysis and appraisal of performance of operating Districts and advises and recommends to Managing Director any remedial measures to optimize profitability and overall viability of Districts.
- Implements effective treasury management to ensure efficient collection of receivable and disbursement of claims and other payables
- Agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives.
- Together with senior management periodically reviews corporate strategic objectives, business plans and proposed actions / measures required to address strategic drift,
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and the Board from time to time
Minimum Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Form 5 or Grade Twelve (12) Certificate With minimum Five (05) ‘O’ Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
- Degree in Accountancy, ACCA, CIMA/ZICA Fully qualified with minimum 5 years working experience.
- Full Membership to ZICA
- Sober; mature with high levels of personal integrity
- Strong organizational and time management skills, accuracy, deadline driven with excellent attention to detail, team player with flexible approach and willingness to learn and able to cope with pressure.
- Past Finance experience in the water sector will be an added advantage.
- Valid and Clean Driving License.
- Relevant Work Experience:
- At least Five (05) years post qualifying experience at senior Management level.
- Other Competencies & Attributes:
- Achiever with very strong business acumen
- Strategic/Business planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- High level of analytical ability
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- Good working knowledge of computers and accounting packages
- High personal Integrity
- Relevant Work Experience:
- Three (03) years post qualifying experience at middle management level
How to Apply
Applications accompanied by copies of certificates, curriculum vitae, day time contact telephone number(s) and at least three(3) traceable referees should reach the undersigned:
North Western Water Supply & Sewerage Company Ltd,
PO Box 110184,