Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national level, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Jhpiego invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position . The successful candidate selected for these position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Administrative Assistant- Front Office will manage the visitors and provide general administrative assistance to the Country office staff.
S/he will report to the Administration Manager
- Maintain the front office in a professional and orderly manner
- Handle external and internal clients, via phone calls and walk-ins.
- Maintain phone and fax logs and review telephone bills to ensure accuracy and billing of personal calls to relevant officers.
- Provide a summary of personal calls to supervisor for recovery from concerned staff.
- Handle all office correspondences including package deliveries.
- Maintain a log of all mail delivered and received.
- Ensure prompt distribution of mails to addresses.
- Ensure that all payments to vendors are promptly disbursed and receipts collected. This includes keeping a check register that records all payee agents.
- Assist with administrative and logistical support to the office team such as making advance reservations for lodges and meetings. This will include knowledge in basic procurement processes, experience in assisting with coordinating office transport.
- Assist in managing conference room availability and handle its reservation for different unit meetings.
- Update the in-house Jhpiego staff telephone directory and of partner organizations, donors and vendors both on hard and soft copy.
- Handle the country office’s petty cash and ensure timely reimbursement of the petty cash
- Assist in preparing letters/ memos and other office communications.
- Diploma in Business Administration or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy office
- Experience working in non – governmental organisations
- Customer relationship management/ office administration
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Analytical, problem solving or decision-making skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to use Excel at a highly proficient level.
- Time management skills
- Demonstrate multi-tasking abilities and stress management skills
How to Apply
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae with three traceable references to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.