About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
To provide business planning, administrative, coordination, project management and communications support for the Country Head, Global Banking enabling her to focus on strategic issues.
Strategy and Business Performance:
- Work with Country Head to create enabling environment for delivery of CCIB strategic agenda in the country
- Actively participate in supporting strategy implementation; identify and analyse strategic opportunities across the market; identify gaps and actions required to deliver such strategies
- Work with the client segment heads of Global Banking within the country and other stakeholders to ensure we meet our business objectives and aspirations.
- Focus on Corridors and help Country Head, GB deliver on corridor initiatives.
- Work on strategic initiatives as defined by the group related to Global Banking business
- Working closely with relevant Group and Regional offices / CEO office / business heads / products heads / finance teams etc to achieve key deliverables
- Support the Country Head in all aspects of running the business, including approval processes.
- Co-ordinate in-house meetings led by the Country Head including management of agenda formulation, review of papers, attendance and note taking and follow-up on key actions.
- Support optimal management of diary and travel planning for the Country Head
- Keep the Country Head abreast of key developments in other areas of the Bank, particularly within CCIB, GB Client Segments, Product Groups, and Functions
- Support the Country Head in membership / attendance of the relevant Country Management Committees, and all other meetings as required.
- Ensure the Country Head is briefed and prepared as necessary for all speaking engagements, including the preparation of speaking notes, preparation of presentation slides, and engaging Subject Matter Experts as appropriate.
- Provide the Country Head and team with support on planning and monitoring of progress on the Global Banking business transition (risks and issues, quality control, prioritisation, agreed timescales)
Finance & Performance Management:
- Analyze financial performance, including preparing and monitoring performance scorecard; and project portfolio status
- Prepare presentations for events as required as well as monthly management reports and papers
- Ensure there are appropriate frameworks in place to guarantee that business is carried out within the Group’s risk appetite and relevant risks are appropriately managed in conjunction with management, direct reports and other stakeholders.
- Provide support across the Business, and through working in conjunction with management team members, ensure compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance standards and practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
- Abide by the Group’s values and code of conduct and foster a robust culture to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among country Global Banking team members
- Ensure that Risk Management matters that are brought to the Country Head’s attention are subject to direct remedial action and/or ensure adequate reporting to the relevant superiors and/or Risk Committees.
Manage Country Risk limits across the entire bank:
1. Review deal rationale (alignment with strategy, return metrics, reputational and industry risk etc) and provide such information to Country Head GB to enable allocation, as appropriate, of Transfer and Convertibility Risk limits for Global Banking clients prior to credit approval
2. Lead country management of Aggregate Country Risk limits for both local and foreign currency exposures across all client segments (Global Banking, Commercial Banking, Retail Banking) and trading units (Financial Markets, Treasury Markets)
- Understand the risk and control environment in all areas of responsibility and drive rectification as required
- Do what is right in order to avoid reputational risks and operational losses
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role remit
- Responsible for delivering ‘effective governance’; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any regulatory body in an open and cooperative manner.
- Fulfil supervisory responsibilities in line with supervisory principles.
- Manage regulatory relationships in relation to the business remit.
- Responsible for appropriate escalation to any governance committees or to other stakeholders in senior management, risk or control functions as appropriate
Regulatory & Business conduct:
- Comply with the highest standards of regulatory and business conduct and practices as defined by internal and external requirements.
- Understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group’s policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group’s Values and Group Code of Conduct to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics.
- Comply with relevant policies, processes and regulations, as part of the culture.
- Country Executive Committee members
- Country Global Banking leadership team
- Regional Head for Global Banking, including Regional Segment Heads for Global Subsidiaries and Financial Institutions
- CCIB Product Heads (country level) and their teams
- Group Country Risk team
- minimum 5 O’level credits or better in English and Mathematics.
- Excellent communication skills – oral, written and presentation.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Group and its businesses and functions.
- Project Management skills to undertake and supervise/monitor projects.
- Numerate and able to understand and analyse financials information.
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and ability to adapt to different styles according to target audience.
- Results-orientated, with the ability to juggle competing priorities to follow-through and perform under pressure.
- A collaborator with ability to work with a wide range stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision taking.
- Trustworthy and discrete, and able to exercise good judgment.
- An ability to think quickly, multi task and work quickly under pressure.
- An ability to quickly understand and synthesise complex, fast moving issues.
- Ability to create and execute solutions; act with full empowerment and minimal supervision
- Reports Directly to: Country Head, Global Banking
How to apply
Submit your CV and application on company website: